First attempt at flashing a ROM = Fail

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Ok I finally decided to give this a try on my D1 after over 8 months. I rooted using Androot. Installed ROM manager as well as Busybox, Metamorph, TI Backup. Went into ROM Manager and flashed Clockwork Recovery. Created a back-up. Downloaded CM6 RC3. I actually downloaded CM6 through ROM manager and tried doing it direct. When I tried to install it following the instructions it just went into recovery w/o flashing the new ROM. Did I miss a step??? Am I doing something wrong??? Go easy on my as this is my first attempt. Been reading and researching a long time before finally getting the balls to try this.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I finally decided to give this a try on my D1 after over 8 months. I rooted using Androot. Installed ROM manager as well as Busybox, Metamorph, TI Backup. Went into ROM Manager and flashed Clockwork Recovery. Created a back-up. Downloaded CM6 RC3. I actually downloaded CM6 through ROM manager and tried doing it direct. When I tried to install it following the instructions it just went into recovery w/o flashing the new ROM. Did I miss a step??? Am I doing something wrong??? Go easy on my as this is my first attempt. Been reading and researching a long time before finally getting the balls to try this.

Well, at least it sounds like you did your homework. I'm not a fan of clockwork and ROM Manager so I don't know what you did wrong. What's it showing that you have now, It's not looping or anything right?

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
It just goes into normal recovery and then I can reboot. No looping at all. Funny thing is I tried restoring the back-up just to see what would happen and it does the same thing.

Oh I do get a pop-up window after it reboots saying recovery failure and gives three choices to pick from for a reason. Which I assume are supposed to give possible solutions but really didn't help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's send you over to the rescue squad. See if they can't help you out.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Thanks. I have read several of the guides on here as well as several off of the forums. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have read several of the guides on here as well as several off of the forums. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I just realized you have an X. Let me move you again.

romanrish

Reaction score
Go into rom manager. CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE: REFLASH RECOVERY: REDOWNLOAD RC3. Sounds like a bad download to me. Happens sometimes when you download anything to your droid.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I'll try that when I get home. What do I do about the recovery image and back up Rom I already created???

romanrish

Reaction score
Your recovery image is fine. If you didn't get an error when downloading it. It has nothing to do with the rom install. They are two seperate functions of recovery. You don't need to be home to do any of that. All of that is done through rom manager.

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Your recovery image is fine. If you didn't get an error when downloading it. It has nothing to do with the rom install. They are two seperate functions of recovery. You don't need to be home to do any of that. All of that is done through rom manager.

No I meant my D1 was at home.

Ok I tried all of the things you suggested and still no go. In fact I can't even get the ROM to download anymore. It gets about halfway done and hangs. Tried to install the one I downloaded online again and no go there either. I gotta be doing something wrong.

Godfather

Reaction score
I rooted my phone this afternoon, installed rom manager, ran flashworkmod recovery, did a nandroid backup and tried to install a rom through rom manger, my phone re-booted with the exclamation point and when I get to the main screen...I dont have an option to restore. I have "reboot system now" wipe date/factory reset" "wipe cache partition" and wipe baseband data"....Am I screwed....please help!!

OP
Garemlin

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I rooted my phone this afternoon, installed rom manager, ran flashworkmod recovery, did a nandroid backup and tried to install a rom through rom manger, my phone re-booted with the exclamation point and when I get to the main screen...I dont have an option to restore. I have "reboot system now" wipe date/factory reset" "wipe cache partition" and wipe baseband data"....Am I screwed....please help!!

Yup that is exactly what I am getting. I don't think anything is going to be wrong. It just didn't flash the ROM. That is what I am trying to get resolved.

Godfather

Reaction score

Yup that is exactly what I am getting. I don't think anything is going to be wrong. It just didn't flash the ROM. That is what I am trying to get resolved.

A very smart man told me I need to follow this link to correct the problem..
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html