Bricked my D2g and why I love Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's where we're having a disconnect I guess. Yeah they're different but ethically they are the same. The OP could have just put his phone in a microwave.

Pulling one (or 12) on Microsoft isn't any different then putting it to Verizon or Motorola. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Freezetron

Reaction score
Newsflash: there are people that actually don't wanna root their phones. I know its hard to believe on this forum, but we do exist actually. We actually prefer our phones the way they are and don't see the need to tweak and remove all the "evil" corporate software.

Some of you push and pressure people to root their phones so much that it was just a matter of time before someone "abused" the system. If peeps don't wanna root, leave us the hell alone!

Freezetron

Reaction score
Because about the only issue I have with this forum is the anti feelings towards "non rooters" Alot of newcomers threads end up resulting in the outcome of:

I haz newsz droidz, its superz cools!!

Oh, you have a new Droid, congrads! Welcome to forum!

Many thankz! I want to learn about dis phone and maybe what this rooting thing is but I'm happy with phone as is!

Wait, you don't wanna root? Oh, well then your a loser, not talking to you anymore.

brochaos

Reaction score
the microsoft thing is totally different. microsoft was the one committing fraud against millions and millions of americans. 90 day warranty on the latest most bleeding edge piece of hardware in the world? please! they knew there were issues. every single launch day 360 will die an early death. that is not a burden the consumer should be placed with.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't find that to be very accurate. I have not seen an overwhelming number of cases in which someone was ostracized for not wanting to root. But that's really besides the point as again that's not what this thread is about.

tappin and a talkin

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You did a good thing . Maybe if they get enough bricked phones due to rooting , they will consider releasing a phone that is open , how Android should have been in the first place or how any device for which I pay over 600$ full price expect to be . You don't see bricked laptops due to tries of reinstalling Windows . Even if they lock phones we still gonna get pass their lock , all that they get is bricked phones .

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
the microsoft thing is totally different. microsoft was the one committing fraud against millions and millions of americans. 90 day warranty on the latest most bleeding edge piece of hardware in the world? please! they knew there were issues. every single launch day 360 will die an early death. that is not a burden the consumer should be placed with.

How was that fraud? Most lasted at least 91 days lawlz.

iPirate

Reaction score
You did a good thing . Maybe if they get enough bricked phones due to rooting , they will consider releasing a phone that is open , how Android should have been in the first place or how any device for which I pay over 600$ full price expect to be . You don't see bricked laptops due to tries of reinstalling Windows . Even if they lock phones we still gonna get pass their lock , all that they get is bricked phones .

You paid $600 for your phone?

Freezetron

Reaction score
But that's really besides the point as again that's not what this thread is about.

tappin and a talkin

Wrong. Think of it like this

New customer excitedly gets a smartphone.

New customer wants to know more about phone, signs up on droid forum

New person is greeted warmly at first via droid forums

New person is then suggested, repeatedly about glory of rooting. Eventually gets shoved down his/her's throat

New person, confused but excited about prospects of rooting, does it with or without full knowledge of dangers along with pluses

New person with new phone screws up rooting. Realizes error of messing around with phone and now has useless $400+ as a result of online peer pressure about how "godlike" rooting is

New person is angry and upset and wants phone working again. Immediate help is via VZW. VZW gives customer benefit of the doubt and replaces phone

New person learns hard lesson about dangers of rooting and decides not to do it again. New person is upset for online peeps telling and pressuring to do rooting and bricks expensive smartphone. Rooting junkies call new person noob and ill temper just keeps going until something gives.

In short, the rooters are partially to blame for driving people to do things out of warranty specs to an expensive peice of hardware that they may or may not full comprehend the consequences and everyone gets the shaft one way or another. Its very much related to the topic. The phrase "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" comes to mind.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Freezetron..... You came out of nowhere saying people are trying to force you to root & when you won't people make fun of you. None of us have anything to do with that.

Freezetron

Reaction score
Freezetron..... You came out of nowhere saying people are trying to force you to root & when you won't people make fun of you. None of us have anything to do with that.

Its not blatently in your face, but it is there. I certainly feel I don't get the respect or attention I deserve as a result of being a "non rooter" on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.