Bricked Droid X

sperry234

Reaction score
Last night I installed via the market, Loader Pro to my new Droid X. This app was amazing but when I tried sending a text message the screen froze. I tried turning the phone off but this did not work. In consequence I removed and replaced the battery followed by trying to turn the phone back on. Now my phone is completely unresponsive. I've tried several combinations of turning the phone on but the Motorola M will never appear. Any insight/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sam

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried charging it? I seriously doubt a single app bricked your phone...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

aDroidman

Reaction score
There is no way for me to help you because you cant turn the phone on. I would take it to Verizon and make them fix it. It sounds like a problem with the phone or needing to be reset.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
There is no way for me to help you because you cant turn the phone on. I would take it to Verizon and make them fix it. It sounds like a problem with the phone or needing to be reset.

Please let others respond with suggestions before you jump to conclusions like that...

aDroidman

Reaction score

Please let others respond with suggestions before you jump to conclusions like that...

If there is a fix it would most likeley be clearing the cache. Try this

How to do it

1. Turn your phone off.2. Hold down "Home" and press the "Power" button there at the top. Hold them until the Motorola logo appears3. Release the "Power" button, but continue to hold the "Home" button until you see an exclamation mark (!)4. Release the "Home" button and press the "Search" key once (and only once!)5. And BAM! you've just booted yourself into recovery

If the logo does not appear you can try to boot from the sim card but people have had problems doing this on the Droid X

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
no logo appears

Just hook it up to the wallcharger and leave it there for a few hours. Trust me, this has happened to others before (for different things, yes), and it just needed a good charge. The same could work for you.

aDroidman

Reaction score
Ok I would take it to Verizon but other people might have an idea that can get it booted. I dont want to make you sound stupid but the battery is in the right way??

aDroidman

Reaction score
no logo appears

Just hook it up to the wallcharger and leave it there for a few hours. Trust me, this has happened to others before (for different things, yes), and it just needed a good charge. The same could work for you.

He makes a great point. And thats what I would have done first but the problem is different from the others where that worked. It is a new phone it is going to have problems.

OP
S

sperry234

Reaction score
If this means anything...when i plugged in my phone the led light flashed green fast for about two minutes then stopped

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
If this means anything...when i plugged in my phone the led light flashed green fast for about two minutes then stopped

Hmm, odd... I don't have a droid X, so I do not know the pattern for it, but did it do that previously when it was done charging?

OP
S

sperry234

Reaction score
No it would just light up green. I will probably just go to the verizon store tomorrow if the charging doesn't work

aDroidman

Reaction score

Hmm, odd... I don't have a droid X, so I do not know the pattern for it, but did it do that previously when it was done charging?

Same here but it doesn't sound normal and if it is then that's very weird