Brand of screen protector for your ThunderBolt?

No such luck on my Verizon screen cover - I gave in to "impulse" shopping and got it there. All they had were DroidX covers that they said would work. They don't (and there are bubbles all over it but they said they'd "work themseleves out" when I requested they redo it). The one I had for my Incredible was from Verizon and was fine, but I'm having lots of problems with this one about 18 hours in. Ordered a Steinheill and can't wait for that to come! :)

+1got Verizon ones on impulse.. hated them.. steinheil will be here next week.. :)

Maaan... now you guys got me on the fence. I was gonna go all Seidio with protector/case/battery cuz I'm a lazy jerkstore. Now I'm all curious about the Stein's.

(Mind you, I'm still gonna go with Seidio's battery...)

Well I just received my Steinheil Ultra Crystal and I would love to put them on but there's just one problem....NO TB!!?!!?!?!!?!!?! I still can't believe that my screen protectors (shipped by the post office) came before my Thunderbolt (Fedex). I ordered both on the same day at pretty much the same time, maybe 5 minutes difference, and the USPS stomped on Fedex.

For anyone having trouble deciding which screen protector to use, I highly recommend the steinheil ultra crystal. No bubbles and you can't even notice that its on there. They might be a tad pricey, but they are worth it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

I'm using stock from the Verizon store. Working perfectly justlike with the Incredible.

After debating back and forth for a bit on which to get I went with Steinheil Ultra Crystal. It's awesome. Extremely happy with it. Super clear. Thanks for this thread as am a newbie when it comes to smart phones and wouldn't have had a clue to what kind of screen protector to get.

I currently have the steinheil ultra fine. Might have to try the crystal clear now. :D

I have the fine too, debated trying the crystal for a while as well. How are you liking it so far? I like the anti-fingerprint and anti-glare that you get with the fine, as I tend to leave finger marks behind on my other devices with protectors (old phones, ipods, etc.). I heard that the crystal can get smudges on it and has kind of a shiny glare to it, even though it is super clear and looks naked otherwise. The only time I can tell I have a protector on with the fine is with the screen off, but I actually like the look of it and I was initially worried because it has that matte finish. It is the clearest and cleanest matte finish you will find, and I am very pleased with it, best protector I've ever had. Application was so easy, I usually have a bubble or flaw of some sort when I do it, got it with no dust on the first try. It was not great for outdoor use with the screen turned down though, so I downloaded Brightness Level widget (by Curvefish) to quickly toggle to different screen levels depending on location (since I did not want to use Auto).

Last edited:
I let the guy at the verizon store put an anti-glare on for me. At first I was very disappointed. Didn't like at all. LOL But when I got home yesterday and took my D1 and bolt outside I could see the Bolt a lot better. As I work and spend a lot of time outdoors. I think I will like this anti-glare.:)

I currently have the steinheil ultra fine. Might have to try the crystal clear now. :D

I have the fine too, debated trying the crystal for a while as well. How are you liking it so far? I like the anti-fingerprint and anti-glare that you get with the fine, as I tend to leave finger marks behind on my other devices with protectors (old phones, ipods, etc.). I heard that the crystal can get smudges on it and has kind of a shiny glare to it, even though it is super clear and looks naked otherwise. The only time I can tell I have a protector on with the fine is with the screen off, but I actually like the look of it and I was initially worried because it has that matte finish. It is the clearest and cleanest matte finish you will find, and I am very pleased with it, best protector I've ever had. Application was so easy, I usually have a bubble or flaw of some sort when I do it, got it with no dust on the first try. It was not great for outdoor use with the screen turned down though, so I downloaded Brightness Level widget (by Curvefish) to quickly toggle to different screen levels depending on location (since I did not want to use Auto).

Yeah I'm torn as well, I followed your advise initially on the screen protector :p. I really love the matte surface, super smooth, the only issue I have with it, it's not as see through as I hoped for.

" Anti Finger screen protector is matte type hard film which resists against fingerprints, and smudges, but it is less clear compared to other Steinheil screen protectors."

I had to return my first bolt so I'm on my last screen protector. I might just spring for the Crystal, can't believe I'm complaining on a freaking screen protector :D

I just installed the Steinheil ultra clear on my phone, and it's amazing. It feels like there's nothing on the screen at all. The protector isn't a perfect fit, but it's barely noticeable. Using it will still leave some finger smudges/streaking, but definitely not as much as when the phone is naked. I somewhat wish I would have ordered the oil resistant protector.

I tried a Zagg protector last week, but I didn't care for the rubbery feel of the protector at all. It made the screen way too grippy. The screen also had manufacturer defects (horizontal lines).

I would advise you guys to purchase a screen protector. When I was installing the Steinheil and wiping the screen down, I noticed a small scratch on my screen. I can only see it at a certain angle, so it's not so bad. I take very good care of my phone, and was pretty surprised when I realized it was a scratch (phone goes in a quilted case thing before it goes in my purse, etc.). So watch out to all you people going naked!

i found a link on twitter last night that htcpedia was giving screen protectors away with free shipping. i hopped on it quickly and ordered 1 it is back ordered but free is free. i also bought a Steinheil ultra crystal protector comes with 2 for 10.99 with free shipping from sgpstore.com but with 4-7 days shipping. i dont mind the lil wait to save $5 shipping. ive always had zagg but after reading the reviews for the Steinheil protectors i figured id give it a shot.

There's a bodyguardz kiosk in the mall right by me, so I had them install it for me. It was $25 with installation. I'm actually kinda bummed I got it... I used to have these on all my old non-touchscreen phones, but didn't really need one with the DX/D1 because of the gorilla glass.

I'm not really sure I like the rubbery feel of this one. I'm going to keep it on for a week or two and see if I get used to it. If not, off it goes and I'll order one of those Steinheil ones.

Is the TB made from regular glass or Gorilla glass? I never used a screen protector on my D1 and never had anything ever happen to the screen. I am thinking that may be because of Gorilla Glass.

I am hoping I don't have to resort to a screen protector, I love running around naked.

Is the TB made from regular glass or Gorilla glass? I never used a screen protector on my D1 and never had anything ever happen to the screen. I am thinking that may be because of Gorilla Glass.

I am hoping I don't have to resort to a screen protector, I love running around naked.

HTC does not use Gorilla Glass, but it does use a similar proprietary "tough glass" technology (I forget the name). While it should be impact and scratch "resistant," it is NOT impact and scratch "proof." I have already read reports of people cracking or shattering their screen, or noticing scratch(es) before applying screen protectors. Its really worth it for a few bucks to protect your investment, get a Steinheil and you will barely notice its there. Replacing a protector is a lot cheaper than replacing a scratched or cracked screen (not that a protector will prevent all cracks, but it will help some with impact). I respect peoples' choice to go naked, I just don't think its very smart with a $700 piece of equipment.

Back