Bought the Verizon Signal Booster....still horrible connection with Droid.

zzzonkout

Reaction score
We're going to talk to Verizon on Monday, but I thought I'd post here first, to see if anyone knows anything about this.

We just got new Droid phones. We previously had Verizon also, but the connection was horrible and we could barely ever make phone calls. Always losing signal, breaking up, etc.

With the new Droids, we bought a Verizon Signal Booster. We set it up and all the lights are blue, and dialed the #48 number to verify we're under the new signal strength.

But our phone still breaks up and we can't make phone calls.
The internet is working fine though.

I'm so bugged.
We even have 4 bars when we make phone calls! Does anyone know anything about this kind of situation?
Thanks.

n0yxl

Reaction score
Verizon Network Extender (femtocell)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have a Moto Droid and a Verizon Network Extender @home, and it works great! The range is somewhat limited though. I think I will end up putting a bigger dual band antenna on it, only 50mw output.

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
Is it really such a good phone? I mean, the signal booster is right here in the living room and we still can't get a clear connection.

R1Lover

Reaction score
a signal booster is only good if you have a signal.... lol bottom line is if your signal is too weak.... then your sol. A booster is only meant to increase a low signal.... not a ****ty one.

I would suggest an external antenna and amplifier system.

Last edited:
OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
We tried to *228 this morning actually and it wouldn't let us do it. Said to call customer service.
We had a signal before. It wasn't the best signal, but it wasn't like there never was a signal.

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
We just called it again and it is so static-y it's so annoying but it's playing music and says to hold cuz it's being programmed. So I will update ya in a sec :)

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
It said they are unable to program the phone at this time.
It said to please call (number) from a landline phone.

R1Lover

Reaction score
If you want something that works... look into an external antenna and amplifier.. they work pretty well. Here is a pic showing how it's installed. They run from 500-900 bucks though.

750x300amp-omni-office1dome.jpg

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
Yikes. We'd be best to pay off Verizon and switch to AT&T. When I had AT&T I had good service here. But before my boyfriend moved in he had Verizon, so just added me to his plan. Darn.

R1Lover

Reaction score
If ATT works where you are and verizon doesn't.... I say kick your boyfriend out of the house and tell him to take his verizon with him.... lol

honestly... if you have good att coverage (which is rare) use them and get the iphone 4

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Something to check is your VOIP quality.... Go to internetfrog.com and do a VOIP speed test. I've found that during peak times the quality is low (20-40%), and calls are really crappy... Any higher than 50% and its fine. I was told be Verizon to call Comcast.... Still need to do that...

OP
Z

zzzonkout

Reaction score
Something to check is your VOIP quality.... Go to internetfrog.com and do a VOIP speed test. I've found that during peak times the quality is low (20-40%), and calls are really crappy... Any higher than 50% and its fine. I was told be Verizon to call Comcast.... Still need to do that...

Go there with my phone internet or on the computer?

n0yxl

Reaction score
a signal booster is only good if you have a signal.... lol bottom line is if your signal is too weak.... then your sol. A booster is only meant to increase a low signal.... not a ****ty one.

I would suggest an external antenna and amplifier system.

The network extender is a wireless VOIP. It's not an amplified repeater in this case.