Bought phone from Gazelle on eBay, it was not factory reset....

striker1211

Reaction score
I just bought a phone on eBay that was unwiped and had the previous owners photos, phone numbers, and gmail still on it. I have contacted Gazelle and await their reply. It should be interesting. Is there some other authority I should contact about this?

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Well, I dont know that you need to contact any authority, unless they are illegal pics. If they arent you can just factory reset the phone and go on with life using the phone.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I don't know if Gazelle states in their terms of service that they do data resets, but I as a seller would NEVER send in a phone without first doing a FDR.

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
I don't know if Gazelle states in their terms of service that they do data resets, but I as a seller would NEVER send in a phone without first doing a FDR.

Agreed

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

S

SFGate

If info available, you could contact the original owner and let them know what they did. Might help them be more careful next time around.

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Selling any device with personal information on it, can be disastrous in the wrong hands, I am happy you are not one of those people.
Maybe an Email would suffice, or if possible, a call and inform them of performing a complete data wipe the next time they are planning on selling their phone.
With the criminals today, everything is fair game and an open season.
I would take note of the contact numbers, wipe the phone, and inform the seller of this, if only for good will reasons alone, and as you stated, he or she should be far more mindful of the potential problems that can arise from unintended personal information left on any device being sold or traded. Never a good or wise proposition for certain!

MotoXGirl

Reaction score
Selling any device with personal information on it, can be disastrous in the wrong hands, I am happy you are not one of those people.
Maybe an Email would suffice, or if possible, a call and inform them of performing a complete data wipe the next time they are planning on selling their phone.
With the criminals today, everything is fair game and an open season.
I would take note of the contact numbers, wipe the phone, and inform the seller of this, if only for good will reasons alone, and as you stated, he or she should be far more mindful of the potential problems that can arise from unintended personal information left on any device being sold or traded. Never a good or wise proposition for certain!

Why would you take note of the contacts? This isn't hard... Wipe phone. /thread

AECRADIO

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
1.Moto-G, Droid-X, 3.Droid 2
Twitter
@AECRADIO
Why would you take note of the contacts? This isn't hard... Wipe phone. /thread

Once a wipe is performed, the data is gone.
If you do not inform the seller of his error, it may be used against him. Retaining such info only to effect contact, then destroying it afterward. I never stated he keep it, only to make contact, that's all I was commenting on.