Bought a epic 4G from eBay half the touch screen doesn't work

jdbaker82

Reaction score
Item looks brand new ESN is clean but half the right side of the screen does not respond to touch.... Any chance on this being covered under manufactures warranty? If so how do I go about getting it replaced?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Honestly, I'd contact the seller and try to return it. Just doesn't seem right for someone to knowingly sell something thats broken, if that was the case.

Swyped from a Droid

OP
J

jdbaker82

Reaction score
Honestly, I'd contact the seller and try to return it. Just doesn't seem right for someone to knowingly sell something thats broken, if that was the case.

Swyped from a Droid

Alot of things are not right in this world they were out to screw someone over its listed as no returns accepted so i'm stuck with it at this point what would something like this cost to get repaired if I paid out of pocket?

OP
J

jdbaker82

Reaction score
I just called a local sprint store and they said if I get the phone activated under my account they could repair it for free? Does this sounds too good to be true?

Pixiefrogw

Reaction score
I just called a local sprint store and they said if I get the phone activated under my account they could repair it for free? Does this sounds too good to be true?

As long as you put insurance on it. We were with Sprint and I bought a few phones off Ebay, was told by Sprint that as long as they are activated on my account and I have insurance they cover it. Of coarse it has to be one of the problems their insurance covers.

If you do take it in I personally would take the back off and the battery out before giving it to them pointing out that it doesn't have water damage. We had a Sprint store claim a phone had water damage when it didn't before it was given to the guy. We saw him put his hand under the counter as my husband handed him the phone and as the guy opened the back he ran his finger across the back of the phone (this was an HTC Diamond) he then said "oh this phone has water damage we can't do anything with it". After some 'words' from my husband and a call into Sprint, they gave us a new phone anyway. We weren't the only ones this happened to. I read several people say the same thing on some other forums. Just keep an eye on them ;)

OP
J

jdbaker82

Reaction score

As long as you put insurance on it. We were with Sprint and I bought a few phones off , was told by Sprint that as long as they are activated on my account and I have insurance they cover it. Of coarse it has to be one of the problems their insurance covers.

If you do take it in I personally would take the back off and the battery out before giving it to them pointing out that it doesn't have water damage. We had a Sprint store claim a phone had water damage when it didn't before it was given to the guy. We saw him put his hand under the counter as my husband handed him the phone and as the guy opened the back he ran his finger across the back of the phone (this was an HTC Diamond) he then said "oh this phone has water damage we can't do anything with it". After some 'words' from my husband and a call into Sprint, they gave us a new phone anyway. We weren't the only ones this happened to. I read several people say the same thing on some other forums. Just keep an eye on them ;)

Wow ok thank you for the heads up! I do indeed have insurance through Sprint but its for my Blackberry. Does it matter that this will be a Android vs my Blackberry as far as the insurance goes?

OP
J

jdbaker82

Reaction score
Ok so turns out theres water damage so basically what I did was had the phone transfered to my account went home got online and filed a claim through Asurion (Who sprint uses for their insurance) and had to pay $100 to have a replacement phone sent. I just hope the one they send is in good condition. I basically just paid $350 for a Epic 4G but I guess that still beats paying $500. My upgrade is due in a few months I guess I can just buy a phone for $200 and then sell it for $300 to make some of my money back?