Bottom line it. Is the Motorola Droid better than the Iphone 3gs?

AlphaDroid

Reaction score
Is the Motorola Droid better than the Iphone 3gs?

Pardon my ignorance but I can't keep up with all the data re the two smart phones the Motorola Droid and the Iphone 3gs.

If you were to summarize them, is the Droid better than the iphone 3gs if you were given the choice of either for free?

Yes, no and why?

Thankyou.

Last edited:

RosarioM

Reaction score
If you are a geek or even somewhat technical, you should go with the Droid. Living in Apple's walled garden does not appeal to people like us.

If you are in an are that gets horrific AT&T coverage (90% of the country :) ), or travel a lot around the country, get the Droid.

If you just want the thing to work and you don't like to tinker, experiment or play around, get the iPhone.

chopperdan666

Reaction score
I sure think so. I'm overwhelmed by all it does. The Droid is smarter than me it know what I want before I know i need or want it. DROID ROCKS

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid is awesome. So is the Iphone for differfent reasons. Go touch both and see what you think.

This is my first post from my Droid

kpiskin

Reaction score
After having both, the Droid is better. Better phone calls and quality, better interface flexibility (just learned how to create folders), and multi-tasking. Also the fact that Apple has 10x more apps than android is misleading. I was able to find all the important apps I had for my iphone on the droid as well. There is a lot of junk in the itunes app library.

Guindalf

Reaction score
Talking to the manager in the VZW store this evening (getting my phone swapped due to the dreaded 'powering off' problem, she was relieved to finally have a Verizon phone that's not crippled and loaded with VZW apps that cost the user more money!

Given that the coverage, especially round here, is a LOT better, and the flexibility of the Droid (AND the fact I own one), I'd say it's better than the iPhone!

Ralo

Reaction score
I have never owned an iPhone but just played with one at the store for about 30mins yesterday. This is after owning the Droid for 4 days. I specifically tested for the things that annoyed me about the Droid. To read my gripes about the Droid, check out the "Pros and Cons" thread.

I am a techie (own a tech business) and have been for 19 years. I have worked for Compaq, HP, and DEC. I'm Microsoft and Novell Certified. I build computer for fun and profit. That said, I prefer the iPhone...because I'm tired of hacking and patching to get simple features and functions. Will the Droid be better in a year? I doubt it. Apple has too big of a headstart.

But don't take my word for it. Go to the store and try it for yourself. The only problem with the iPhone it At&t's sorry network, an I'm not so sure that's a problem here in Atlanta. Everybody I know absolutely loves their iPhone and I don't think they would be saying that if they couldn't use it.

Oh, and that article that everyone thinks is skewed in favorite of the iPhone; from what I've seen it's dead on. However, for the time being, I'm sticking with my Treo.

Sorry

Last edited:

drbob

Reaction score
I think the iPhone is better because ATT's network allows simultaneous voice and data, something not possible with Verizon. Plus, the iPhone interface is much easier to use.

dagamer34

Reaction score
My current feeling is that the Droid as it is today only appeals to a limited number of people (the geek crowd). Android needs a ton of work to make it as polished and idiot proof as the iPhone (as that's when tons of idiots will follow and developers follow the idiots with money).

After having it for a week, I wouldn't keep my Droid if it were simply the phone it is now + apps. However, it's the promise of getting all the hacked stuff that HTC phones now that would make me swear off an iPhone and never use one again.

So in other words, I'd wait until the Droid is rooted and we get all the cool stuff that HTC phones have hacked on their phones (like Sense UI) before taking the plunge.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
If you are a geek or even somewhat technical, you should go with the Droid. Living in Apple's walled garden does not appeal to people like us.

If you are in an are that gets horrific AT&T coverage (90% of the country :) ), or travel a lot around the country, get the Droid.

If you just want the thing to work and you don't like to tinker, experiment or play around, get the iPhone.

<Added>

...Or want to be like one of the "Real Wives of Orange County"--get an iPhone!

+1

- Mega

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
iPhone is definitely more user friendly and aimed towards the "simple" crowd.

Android 2.0 is somewhat easy to use, but it is also more capable to those who are more tech savvy.

Bottom line: it's a personal preference. Each phone has it's advantages and disadvantages. Droid does some things better and iPhone does some things better. This argument isn't ever going to end, and there will always be the sackriders. Not only that but since they are both offered with different carriers, the comparison ends there.

Personal verdict: Droid > iPhone. I don't like iPhone's OS and Apple in general. The Droid and the TP2 were the only phones I looked at in Verizon. The TP2 is the only phone I looked at in AT&T. I'd have to say Verizon has better coverage in my area than AT&T.

Last edited:

markn455

Reaction score
I think the iPhone is better because ATT's network allows simultaneous voice and data, something not possible with Verizon. Plus, the iPhone interface is much easier to use.

Only their 3G network allows this. Overall, they have a terrible network. Verizon is best network.