Bottom line it. Is the Motorola Droid better than the Iphone 3gs?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Iphone games trump Android. with the iphone, i feel like i have the PSP or DS, there are games of this quality, and for cheap too. and this won't change until the Android OS can install apps onto the SD card.

besides the games, droid is better overall for all the reasons stated previously.

jailbroken iphone + cydia = moto droid IMO... but ATT coverage is the dealbreaker
What do you mean until they can install games to the sd card?:| i have a game called cash cow (silly but great fun) that they put on my sd card. I do miss the tower defense games on my itouch but that's it.

that was an old post. i was unaware at the time :) :icon_ devil:

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
Oh, and Verizon's new 4G network will (from what I hear) handle Voice and Data at the same time -- so once that rolls out, there goes another advantage the iPhone currently has over the Droid. (No clue how far into the future that will be, however.)

(Still lovin' my Droid!)

You are correct I have a couple of friends that are engineers and the LTE (4g) Network for Verizon will support both data and voice at the same time. Verizon has already released LTE in a few markets, so it's just a matter of time.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Even thought LTE supports voice and data simultaneously I read around that our Droids won't be able to support it. We'll still be on the 3g network because of hardware limitations.
When LTE rolls out, we're gonna need hardware upgrades to take advantage of it.

bacalao

Reaction score
Verizon CAN do voice and data. I did it all the time on my Storm. It's the CDMA radio in the Droid that don't let it do both, unless you have Wi-fi on. It's a Droid thing, not Verizon. Storm didn't have wi-fi btw.

evil_O

Reaction score
^^^ Hardware issue for Droid huh? That IS disappointing. I figured that would be an obvious feature to have.

TomN

Reaction score
Verizon CAN do voice and data. I did it all the time on my Storm. It's the CDMA radio in the Droid that don't let it do both, unless you have Wi-fi on. It's a Droid thing, not Verizon. Storm didn't have wi-fi btw.

You're mistaken. You cannot do voice and data at the same time on the Verizon CDMA network.

luckmylife

Reaction score
Go the the iPhone forum, and search "Droid"
All the hits that pop up are people either completely bashing it, or saying, "Well, sorry guys! I went and got it..."
Search "iPhone" here and you just have people asking questions about comparisons and saying "I like my Droid more."

iPhone users are bitter. Those who aren't bitter, now have a Droid.:)