Bottom Buttons supposed to be lit?

db83

Reaction score
I just got my motorola droid replaced today due to a hot pixel. Something I noticed after the replacement that I'm not quite sure if it was an issue before. The bottom buttons light up when I turn the phone on, and they are turned on while on the home screen. But... when I'm browsing the web in the browser, the home screens don't light up even after I've pressed them. I can press the menu button, select something, and they still don't light up. Is this normal and I just didn't notice before?

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Try turning off/on automatic screen brightness. That corrected it for me after 2.0.1.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
My droid this morning came on without the lights, turned off auto brightness, and they're back on, re-enabled and it functions.

Recycled power twice, same thing, then on third time it was ok.

Has to be SW as the hardware works.

Thoughts? Hopefully addressed in 2.1. If anyone believes I should return mine, which I really dont want to do, let me know cause I only have a few days left in my first 30...

nerdkill

Reaction score
are there any answers to this? my bottom buttons are almost never lit up.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Mine stay on whenever the screen is lit. I have always used auto-brightness (default setting(s)). The buttons may dim or go off if I'm not active (at the same time the screen dims) but upon any use they light back up with the screen. I do use Screebl and that may have something to do with it. It's a great app for supplementing the lacking default options.

Silver Member
Reaction score
lights on those buttons and the keyboard should be dependent on ambient light based on auto-brightness settings.

manual brightness settings always leave these lit.

nerdkill

Reaction score
Wow thanks a lot for the screebl heads up. It fixed the issue and beyond that is an amazing app. Than you also for the information about auto brightness I wasn't aware of that. I don't feel that feature is very fine tuned however. They were never lit when I couldn't see them in dark situations. I prefer them always on

J

Johnly

Mine has been good with the native power app. All without anything beyond that. Glad you found a solution though....