Both Hulu and Netflix Coming to Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hulu-plus-logo.jpg
Samsung unofficially announced at CES yesterday that Hulu is coming to Android with their Hulu Plus service. There have been no formal announcements from Hulu themselves. Interestingly, this wasn't the only 'movie on demand' company to be 'outed' by someone else at CES this year; Netflix has shown up on the LG Revolution phone. You can see another video below of the LG Revolution demonstrated, (yes another one). The sales guy showing it off is a bit annoying, but the cool teaser is the Netflix icon on the phone.
Netflix-Logo.jpg
[video=youtube;0ymDAuyiMds]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ymDAuyiMds&feature=player_embedded[/video]
Movies on our smartphones? Of course we want to watch movies on our zippy fast 4G LTE network... isn't that what it's best at? I wonder if Hulu and Netflix mind that other companies are spoiling all their press release fun...

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Should make a lot of people happy. I know iPhone/iPad people are going to be jealous.

Over in the iPad Forum the fact that they don't have Flash and know they never will is a sore subject. A big win for Android.

h4ck3d

Reaction score
This could be sweet. Think it will come to the optimus?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Reaction score
I think it's bad idea because with possible verizon getting rid of unlimited data, it'll eat up alot of data and cause overage over 5GB

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Netflix on the laptop needs Silverlight...

Zargon

Reaction score
iPhone has Netflix and from what I've seen it works really good.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Yes, your right. What I was looking at was the app store that popped up on my Macs Doc today. We got an update and I thought it was for my iPad but apparently these apps are available for Macs now as well.

I don't understand about Hulu. Everyone was saying that we needed Flash to get that. Netflix I wasn't sure.

Jordan8

Reaction score
So is netflix only going to be for the new phones, or will I be able to get it on my dx? Whens netflix expected to release it?

Jeyman

Reaction score
So is netflix only going to be for the new phones, or will I be able to get it on my dx? Whens netflix expected to release it?

netflix runs darn well on the iphone(I was shocked when my friend showed me it for the first time) I can not say how well hulu runs never seen it.. With the specs the DX has it be a shame for it not to work with it. Or for that matter almost any android device that can handle 2.1+

Jeyman

Reaction score

netflix runs darn well on the ipad(I was shocked when my friend showed me it for the first time) I can not say how well hulu runs never seen it.. With the specs the DX has it be a shame for it not to work with it. Or for that matter almost any android device that can handle 2.1+

edit: lol his ipad not iphone.

Reaction score
With the supected data cap on 4G I don't see where watching movies on a phone would be a viable option. I would think that you would burn thru the data cap in a hurray. Now if 4G has unlimited data then it is a mute point and let'em rip.