Third Party Company Provides 'PlayOn' Service - Netflix Streaming and more to Android

cnmsales

Reaction score
Wishryder, go check out the tvlinks and icefilms script and get you a megavideo premium account. Pure heaven.

WishRyder

Reaction score
Wishryder, go check out the tvlinks and icefilms script and get you a megavideo premium account. Pure heaven.

You had to go and tempt me to get a premium account. Thanks a bundle. :icon_rolleyes:

But really, thanks. :)

azules9780

Reaction score
So far I have gotten this to work on my D2 with a wifi connection. Xbox works too but I think it actually plays back better on my phone if that's possible lol. I cannot get it to work on my phone via 3g. If I can get this to work, count me in. I literally watched 10 minutes of a movie over wifi on my phone with only 1 short interruption because my connection speed degraded. It adjusted and played back flawlessly after that. I gotta get this to work on 3g. Give it a try guys, it seems pretty good and has potential to be pretty awesome.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Azules. Under mobile settings set it to manual and add the port to your router. Should take care of the 3g issue.

Also FYI to everyone. If you install Safari on your laptop then install flash for safari. Then add Android 2.2 to the User Agent String you can use m.playon.tv on your freakin laptop. Over any wifi.

nicholb

Reaction score
I've been using PlayOn for just over a year for my in home streaming. It works great, just make sure you keep up with the updates. As the service providers (Netflix etc.) change from time to time, Playon has to release new versions to adapt. Most of the time they crack out a new version within a day. Once in a while it takes a little longer.

They released the iPhone client a few months ago and are just adding the Android one.

I have been very happy with the product. For in home streaming it has worked with every device I have. The only thing to note is some devices time out too fast for it and the device will give an error the first time you play a program. Just try again and it will work on the second time.