Boss has Droid 3 - Can i email appointments to his calendar?

supremehtg

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My boss just purchased a Droid 3 phone. Is it possible for me to email appointments to his calendar? What options are available to me to accomplish this...if any?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.

:)

LT*

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the native corporate email app, but I believe you can do it with Touchdown. It is a fairly expensive app, but allows you to have your outlook (if you're using it) tasks, calendar and contacts all sync'd to your droid.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Should work without another application. I forward appointments from Exchange to my phones email account all the time.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
Just tried between Gmail and exchange and that works as well. I have no doubt Gmail to Gmail will work.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
What kind of calendar is your boss using? The one that comes with the phone--google calendar? Something else? If it's google, it is easy for him to share his calendar with anyone he wants. As for emailing events to the calendar, I don't know if google supports that.

By the way, I like Jorte (free from market) better than the stock google calendar app. It takes some getting used to but I really love it. Syncs with google just like the stock app but has many many widget options and other settings.

Fr33dom

Reaction score
What kind of calendar is your boss using? The one that comes with the phone--google calendar? Something else? If it's google, it is easy for him to share his calendar with anyone he wants. As for emailing events to the calendar, I don't know if google supports that.
<snip>

I email appointments to myself from exchange all the time. It works. I've also tested emailing appointments from Gmail to exchage--that works as well.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I email appointments to myself from exchange all the time. It works. I've also tested emailing appointments from Gmail to exchage--that works as well.

That's why I asked what kind of calendar software he's using. What if he's not using Exchange?

AHiLdesigns

Reaction score
I may be a little late on this thread, but myself and my business partner have the Droid3. Our other partner (our Business Coordinator) uses Google Calender to set up our appointments. It's tied directly into the stock Calendar widget on the D3. In our situation, she sends us Event invites via email and when we accept them they're added to our calendars. Of course this means we actually have to pay attention to our emails, lol.

Perhaps a more direct workaround using Google Calendar would be to set up one google account specifically just for this, shared between yourself and your boss. When he's synched to that account, any event you add to that calendar would automatically show up on his phone. Admittedly I haven't explored all of the Google Calendar options... for all I know there might be a way to give permission for someone to add events for you. o_O

Reaction score
Reaction score
Could make so many DBZ jokes using that highways name...

King Kamehameha was the most important man in Hawaiian history, maybe if you lived here, you'd show him respect.

I've watched DBZ, and I know the reference, but the King came first, the cartoon came second.

Dmw017

Reaction score
King Kamehameha was the most important man in Hawaiian history, maybe if you lived here, you'd show him respect.

I've watched DBZ, and I know the reference, but the King came first, the cartoon came second.

I didn't know Hawaii was ruled under a monarchy nor could I have imagined somebody could possibly ever be named Kamehameha.
I grew up with Dbz, not Hawaiian history, so its unreasonable to expect me or really anyone else to show "respect" to someone we have no knowledge of

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk