Bootloader:)

Globed

Reaction score
So i have been poking around. I know the bootloader usually comes after the bios its what loads the O.S. or the runtime enviorment. The program ive assumed is part of the processor or bios. Now the kindle fire has the same processor as the bionic the ti omap 4430. The kindle also come with an unlocked bootloader. Has anyone looked into the kindle fire seeing how its unlocked in order to find a method or a way to unlock the bionic bootloader? I could be completely off but.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dags5000

Reaction score
There is no relation between the kindle and unlocking motorolas.

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Jw ya know. The kindle fire has the same processor same version of android but one build is ment for tablets the other is for mobile. Phones. I figured since the bootloading program is the same maybe there was a way it would help unlock the bionic. Just thoughts.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Jw ya know. The kindle fire has the same processor same version of android but one build is ment for tablets the other is for mobile. Phones. I figured since the bootloading program is the same maybe there was a way it would help unlock the bionic. Just thoughts.

Not a bad thought!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
I figured for slandered computers the bootloader ultimately resides not in the os but with the bios so theoretically. If u have the same bootloading program or similar. In the same processor bc they are the same. N one is unlocked while the other isnt. You should be able to look at the kindle fire figure a way to lock and unlock it and use that info to help find a similar path yes?

dags5000

Reaction score
The.bootloader being locked means that u need the special/secret encryption keys in order to make changes and be able to make customizations and/or install different kernels. So looking at an unlocked device would not help at all in figuring out how to unlock bionics.

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
I understand that but if u can lock the kindle same bootloading program and unlock it that should atleast help find. A method in unlocking the bionic not saying it will unlock it but atleast help.

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
Who created the encryptions for the bootloader if its loaded by TI. Is it modfyed and encrypted by moto?

hookerdj

Reaction score
from what i have read its government grade encryption so unless you have a specific key there is no hope i would guess??

dags5000

Reaction score
that's cool man. To me im just saying it wont help that's all. Maybe someone could use it to help but I don't see how it will help. The best bet is for someone at Motorola to leak the secret key they sign it with. Cracking it otherwise, not to be cynical, is extremely hard. Another option would be some safestrap method where u can one time boot using custom stuff but it wouldn't be permanent unless the bootloader is truly unlocked.

dags5000

Reaction score
Motorola has the secret keys not TI

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
It is but if the fire has an unlocked and locked version. And the bootloading program is the same and let say the encryption is generated by TI and given to moto as an option for locking if u could get the key buy unlocking the locked version of the kindle fire shouldnt that key work for the bionic. Thats what i dont know who generates the key? Moto or texas instruments?

hookerdj

Reaction score
oh boy you really have a stretch of a imagination. did you eat to much turkey?

OP
G

Globed

Reaction score
No..well maybe haha but most processor manufactures generate the encryption im not sure about mobile phones but juss thoughts