Reaction score
Hey now when I cut my Droid on it only boots to a bootloader menu

Bootloader
2C.5C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode:
USB

Maybe 2-3 times it did boot into the Android OS and was functional, so I guess the some of the software is still there but there is something missing. Is there a way I can re-flash the phone or something. Thanks

JayMonster

Reaction score
Ummm... silly question (I hope)... You didn't get the phone wet did you?

OP
I

icedaccord19

Reaction score
not a silly question cuz yes I did lol...I was jus hopin since it does actually come on(most of my otha water phones completely died after contact) and the android os did load a couple times...the phone wasn't completely gone...it could maybe be reprogrammed as the message states ok to program lol

JayMonster

Reaction score
You are unfortunately, not starting from a good place. First, to flash it you will have to wait until somebody cracks, roots and makes a ROM available (When and if). Then you have to hope that the ROM isn't toast.

How long did you dry it out for before using it after it got wet? You may very well have damaged it since it did boot as you pointed out once or twice before. Actually, this would be my wager at this point and that the phone is probably beyond mere mortal repair.

I guess you don't have insurance on it?

justicw

Reaction score
This happens if you have the device hooked up to your PC with the USB cable AND you boot the system. It does it to mine as well. No big deal just unplug the usb and reboot.

OP
I

icedaccord19

Reaction score
well when it fell it hit the curb and the battery cover and battery popped out and then it slid into a puddle.....it pretty much dried it off and turned it on immediately....well I have insurance on it(asurion) its just that its on backorder so it maybe dayz or a week before they get one in stock to ship me...so in the meantime i was seeing if there was anything else I can do..but no biggie ill just have to be patient :(

@justicw even with it unplugged it still boats to the bootloader screen

justicw

Reaction score
well when it fell it hit the curb and the battery cover and battery popped out and then it slid into a puddle.....it pretty much dried it off and turned it on immediately....well I have insurance on it(asurion) its just that its on backorder so it maybe dayz or a week before they get one in stock to ship me...so in the meantime i was seeing if there was anything else I can do..but no biggie ill just have to be patient :(

Ewww. thats not good. Sorry to hear about your bad luck :( hopefully you can get a new one very soon :) :)

JayMonster

Reaction score

the "pretty much dried it off" is where you went wrong most likely. It takes a while for water inside the phone to dry. Obviously, water and electronics do not make good bedfellows as you are obviously aware.

Like justicw said... sorry about your misfortune, and I hope you have a new unit in your hands soon.

bbcrackman

Reaction score
How long has it been since in water? If there is a remote possibility of saving it I would put in in a bag of rice and let it sit overnight. Leave the battery out of it. Then try again tomorrow. Unfortunately by turning it on before you actually dried it out could very well have fried it.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How long has it been since in water? If there is a remote possibility of saving it I would put in in a bag of rice and let it sit overnight. Leave the battery out of it. Then try again tomorrow. Unfortunately by turning it on before you actually dried it out could very well have fried it.

was just gonna mention the bag of rice myself. happened to my mother's phone a few months ago... sat in a bag of rice for a day or two and worked fine.... just hope it didn't fry anything when you turned it back on with moisture still in the device. GOOD LUCK!