boot loop

en28so

Reaction score
Ok, so i'm stuck on a bootlop. I have clockwork and bootstrap installed,but i don't know how to get to clockwork. I did a backup. Help guys! With my orig droid was power x,how about this one? Thanks

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I know the button sequence to get into recovery but once I go into a bootloop I've never been able to get into clockwork. Only the stock recovery( locked bootloader I presume causes this) so I load up an update.zip from sd card or sbf to stock if I have to.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks abe!!! Lol. I learnded sumfin tuday. :)

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. But it's not working. I'll have to sbf i guess. I have used sbf before for my d1 so not really new to sbf. Thanks.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I tried them all. Intentionally put myself in loop. The only one that worked for me was the plug in one. I didn't even battery pull while plugged in. Pulled battery to stop bootloop, put battery back in, plugged in while off, liquid battery came on, let charge for a minute, held power til m came on, booted in cw. 4 times tried. 4 times into cw.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Just finished sbf to stock! it all went well, but at the end RSD lite didn't say pass. My phone went into a bootloop but I did a factory reset and it solved that. RSD said "please manual power up this phone". I just pulled the battery and went into the custom recovery and did a reset. I love rooting adventures! lol. Thank you abe 21599 for all that useful info! may you win the lotto and have a long life!...

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Now, i'm on version 2.3.320. When I try to update to .340 it says i'm up to date? ok, another thing to figure out!

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
nevermind. I'll try the backup I have in my sd card to go back where i was before i go into this mess!

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
just to let you know guys, grom now on i'm flashing clocwork recovery on rom manager and the recovery on bootstrap also!. I think you have to do both before any attempt to move to another rom. Just my 2 cts.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. You can always flash the 340 system only sbf to get there.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. You can always flash the 340 system only sbf to get there.

You mean to get to .340? I used one of my nandroid backups to go back where I was before. Actually I have one for the original system and one custom rom backup. Ok just flashed another rom(Darkslide 4.1), and it worked flawlessly. I went to sleep at 4am this morning doing this lol! Ok, time to go to work. Hey clumsyninja, thanks for your help also.

OP
E

en28so

Reaction score
I tried them all. Intentionally put myself in loop. The only one that worked for me was the plug in one. I didn't even battery pull while plugged in. Pulled battery to stop bootloop, put battery back in, plugged in while off, liquid battery came on, let charge for a minute, held power til m came on, booted in cw. 4 times tried. 4 times into cw.

One more thing, in order for any of these methods to work, I'm pretty sure you have to flash clockwork recovery in rom manager and bootstrap recovery before you go into a bootloop. I hope this helps people to get out of those many bootloops without having to sbf and instead go straight into cw. It's funny when I tell the guys at work(the ones that have D1 and X), the things we do to our phones here. They think i'm crazy. Oh well, I just don't like being just another Joe.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Lol I hear ya. I didn't flash rm doing the plug method. In fact one time I didn't even hit bootstrap....