Boot animations

QUAGMIRE

Reaction score
I have been messing around with gimp a lot lately and been kicking around a few different never before seen animations for android. i have one finished and working good the others are still being modified but thought i would show what i got so far.

EVIL INSIDE:

Kruned.ba.gif

This one is finished and available for d// HERE

KrUnKeD EVIL INSIDE:
androidbasketball2.gif

This one is rom specific and will only be added in new builds of my modified version of cm source built rom.

CELTICS PRIDE:
pdroid.gif

This one is still a work in progress am making it for someone by request
This one is finished d/l Here

KRUNKED TRANCE:
test.gif

This is one that can be modified by request removing KrUnKeD logo not available for d/l as of yet..

KICKING RnD:
Bootanim.gif

This one is just a a simple idea i am kicking around not sure if i will even keep it.

These are a couple things i am doing right now i plan on doing more just not very good at gimp but would like to think i am getting decent. If there is a request or idea post them here and i will try to make it happen. Hopefully they are appealing to anyone and this topic can help me get more ideas of new never before seen bootanimations.

The one link i posted for bootanimation is a typical install use any form of file management system i use root explorer copy to your sdcard.

Back up your current in case you are unsatisfied and can easily revert back.
copy in file exploration tool from sdcard and navigate to /system/media mount system r/w and paste selection you will get a pop up asking about overwriting allow mount system r/o and reboot to see bootanimation

Good luck:.

Thanks to es0tericcha0s for helping me make EVIL INSIDE work properly

Tested on droid1 and thunderbolt and works fine

Krunked banner recently removed from my sig
Krunk.gif

Last edited:

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe I could get this thread to be where all the boot animations that work with liberty on here.I only have a few but wouldn't mind seeing all that are out there so if you have some post them! Unless there is a thread somewhere that I can't find with them all already

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Could you tell me where you got your animations or provide the link to them? I have been looking all over!

DX 2.3.340
Liberty 1.5

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
Once I get to my computer ill try to get and figure out how to get some of the links on here

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Cool. I tried flashing a known animation with sound (apex 1.4 imax) and my phone gets stuck every time I try to flash a bootanimation.zip

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
You can't flash one with sound, it has to be a zip, I'm still trying to track down where I got mine from so give me some time, usually if you go through the forums they will show up somewhere..

ibrooks123

Reaction score
Yea, Ive been creeping around the forums for a few days! If you want an easy one to test with, try out the Apex 1.4. I can't tell tho exactly where the sound file is located.

Anyways, I'll look forward to your future input after you have some time to mess around!

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
Sounds good, I at the moment have 4 different boot logos and 2 boot animations, the animations are the Motorola zoom boot animation and I have an iron man 2 one, the logos are fox racing, old Guy giving middle finger, android next to two tombstones with apple logo on one and windows on another and can't remember the other one but if I can figure out how to put them on here or if someone knows how to from my Dx let me know!

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
Draken.i78 look him up in the Droid x themes section he has a thread in there with a handfull of boot animations

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I was thinking maybe I could get this thread to be where all the boot animations that work with liberty on here.I only have a few but wouldn't mind seeing all that are out there so if you have some post them! Unless there is a thread somewhere that I can't find with them all already

Actually, any bootanimation will work with Liberty - ANY. The trick is to make sure it reads bootanimation.zip (exactly like that), then copy it via USB to your SD card. Then use Root Explorer (Astro file manager may or may not work, I've never tried it) and copy the bootanimation.zip file. Then go to Data/local and paste it. If you have an existing bootanimation there, it will ask you if you want to replace it with the one you're pasting. Answer yes, back out and reboot. You'll then have whatever bootanimation you chose as your new bootanimation.

-Mike

droidDOES.duh

Reaction score
thats strange because a handful of bootanimations ive tried i didnt have to rename them for my DX...but i got one that i keep trying but it keeps freezing and i have to pull the battery, the one i have no is actually Fox racing boot logo and motorola xoom boot animation but i like trying different ones, the one i found is pretty sweet if only i can get it lol

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
thats strange because a handful of bootanimations ive tried i didnt have to rename them for my DX...but i got one that i keep trying but it keeps freezing and i have to pull the battery, the one i have no is actually Fox racing boot logo and motorola xoom boot animation but i like trying different ones, the one i found is pretty sweet if only i can get it lol

Like I said in the earlier post, it has to first, actually BE a bootanimation, second it has to be named "bootanimation.zip" (without the quotation marks). Don't use any other words or letters. Then place it in data/local and your good to go. Since I posted the earlier post, I found a red Droid Does bootanimation and installed it on my Droid X, exactly the way I just described, and it works perfectly.

-Mike

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
im not finding a data/local in my sd....found a data one, put it in there?

OK, if you're using Root Explorer, like I use, then you first click on Root Explorer and it opens, in the upper part is a little box that says "Mount R/W". You hit that button once and it changes to "Mount R/O" - so you now have read/write capability. Seven items down, on the left (on my phone, it's seven, yours may be different - but it's alphabetical) is a folder named "data", click on it and it'll open. Scroll down a ways - remember, it will be alphabetical - and you'll see a sub folder named "local"...just that, local. Click on that and it'll open and THAT is where you paste the bootanimation.zip that I told you to copy.

Try that & see if it works. I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you need more help.

-Mike

Last edited:

liz4tin

Reaction score
I use the app, "Absolute System." I got it because I like to change the fonts, (prior to liberty 2) and they have about 40 different boot animations that you can add.

I can't remember if it was free or not though.

(First post, although I lurk all the time.)