boot animations not installing

speakercode

Reaction score
So here's the situation: I'm running Kangerade 5.0.9 and I'm loving it. NexTheme, chevyNo1 1.1 LV, everything is generally smooth. The problem I have is with the boot animations -- no matter how I try to change it -- via Clockwork, ClockworkMod Recovery, I can't change the boot animation from the pink droid eye. I tried going from Kangerade scripts, I tried flashing them, but nothing seems to change it.

Any idea? I'd rather avoid a wipe if I can but if I must, I must.

thanks!!

Stretch2m

Reaction score
Is it possible that you have a bootanimation.zip stored in /data/local? It is my understanding that the presence of a bootanimation.zip file in /data/local will take precedence over /system/media. If the boot animations you're trying to use are stored in /system/media, a file in /data/local might be interfering.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Don't try to install, just put the bootanimation.zip in data/local and reboot. That's it.

OP
speakercode

speakercode

Reaction score
It probably is something in data/local, I'll see if I can find that.

Going via command prompt is over my head right now, but I may come back to that.

Thanks everyone!

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yeah, I need to change all my update.zips in rom manager to go to data/local. Just remove the one in data local and it should show up if you used rom manager.. or move it to data/local.

OP
speakercode

speakercode

Reaction score
Bingo! Had to get root explorer and get into data/local but all's well now. For the time being I install with kanga scripts then move in root explorer. Thx everyone!

Teezy

Reaction score
Don't try to install, just put the bootanimation.zip in data/local and reboot. That's it.

Totally didn't know that it had to be placed in data/local and not system/media lol thanks

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk