Bogo

kpd216

Reaction score
I can confirm also....just ordered my 2 droid razr maxx for the price of one !!!!!oh ya!!!!

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
Does anybody know how bogo works if we have a family plan, but my line is the only one that is up for renewal. Will I be able to get the second phone free for one of the other line even if their contract still not up yet?

The way the bogo worked in the past, you had to have another line on the account eligible for upgrade also. In other words you basically need to lines eligible for upgrade to qualify for the bogo.

Still rocking the OG Droid using Tapatalk!!!

docterz

Reaction score
Went to the verizon store you can get the Maxx in the bogo but its 299.99... Iphones not included. (mis information) I wonder if anyone at verizon knows anything at all? It seems you get a different story every person you talk too..

MaXGTS

Reaction score
Last week I bought my Maxx for $169.99. My wife bought hers for $269.99. We were on seperate accounts. Can we each return our phones, combine our accounts with a family plan, then repurchase my phone for $169.99 and get the second one free?

monkeydog

Reaction score
That's good news! I will be going to a store later today and will post back here with my results. Itll probably be about 5 to 6 hours from the time of this post, in case anyone is interested enough to check back for my outcome.

Wanted to update that I got the bogo deal on the Maxx in store. They were out of stock at every store in the area though, but we went through the order and the phones will be shipped to my address.

nastybynature

Reaction score
Wanted to update that I got the bogo deal on the Maxx in store. They were out of stock at every store in the area though, but we went through the order and the phones will be shipped to my address.

The VZW store by PDX was also sold out. Rep did an inventory search and said there wasn't a Razr Maxx available in store within a 100 mile radius. We ordered them anywho and bought two of the docking bundles they had for $99. Finally we can retire our OG Droids. Realized I might be sad in a nostalgic kind of way when we put these old phones to rest.

SEColwell

Reaction score
I got 2 razr maxx on the way none in store but they are doing Bogo on them I should have mine Tuesday.....and to get the Bogo you need 2 line ready for upgrade or new lines

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

SlammedDime

Reaction score
I got my BOGO today for me and the wife... walked in, told them what I wanted, they didn't have any so they ordered it for us... $295 out the door for two (had a $30 NewEvery2 credit)... should be here by Tuesday... can't wait to ditch my OG. It's been great, but it's time for a change.

He was curious where I heard about the promo, because it wasn't advertised for the MAXX, haha.

PapiLouis

Reaction score
I got my BOGO today for me and the wife... walked in, told them what I wanted, they didn't have any so they ordered it for us... $295 out the door for two (had a $30 NewEvery2 credit)... should be here by Tuesday... can't wait to ditch my OG. It's been great, but it's time for a change.

He was curious where I heard about the promo, because it wasn't advertised for the MAXX, haha.

lol yah it seemed like i was more informed than the sales rep at the verizon store, i told her about the maxx. I even had to tell her that the double data applied to all data packages over 2gb :p

They also didnt have any Maxx phones in stock, so i will be getting mine on tuesday. It seems that no verizon store even had any MAXXes in stock. i'm thinking that after their first shipments on jan 26 the phones sold so well that they couldn't restock their supplies and havent had any since.

SlammedDime

Reaction score
Fortunately the wife and I are on a grandfathered unlimited plan, originally from Alltel... looking forward to taking full advantage of it :-D $20/line for unlimited data can't be beat...

PapiLouis

Reaction score
Fortunately the wife and I are on a grandfathered unlimited plan, originally from Alltel... looking forward to taking full advantage of it :-D $20/line for unlimited data can't be beat...

Yah this is my first smartphone(i know, i know) and it kinda sucks that i only get 10gb for $50. but it sure beats some of the other data packages out there. Also, if you're on an unlimited plan do u get throttled after a certain amount??? if so around what amount of gb?? since i plan on using every last bit of my 10gb im wondering if ill be throttled at any point. :unsure:

SlammedDime

Reaction score
Right now I use around 2GB/month on 3G... I haven't received any notifications from Verizon yet about me being in the top 5% or being throttled.

Edit: Looking at Verizon's 'Network Optimization' page, they aren't throttling 4G users on unlimited plans quite yet... So even if I was being throttled on 3G, I won't be any more. :)

Does Network Optimization apply to customers using 4G services?
No. We reserve the right to include 4G LTE users later, but right now this only applies to the top 5% of users with unlimited data plans using 3G devices. If you have a 4G LTE device you will not be affected at this time.

Network Optimization

Last edited:

PapiLouis

Reaction score
Right now I use around 2GB/month on 3G... I haven't received any notifications from Verizon yet about me being in the top 5% or being throttled.

Edit: Looking at Verizon's 'Network Optimization' page, they aren't throttling 4G users on unlimited plans quite yet... So even if I was being throttled on 3G, I won't be any more. :)

Does Network Optimization apply to customers using 4G services?
No. We reserve the right to include 4G LTE users later, but right now this only applies to the top 5% of users with unlimited data plans using 3G devices. If you have a 4G LTE device you will not be affected at this time.

Network Optimization

sweet, i guess i shouldn't worry then, gracias.