blurrybread back to rubix focused issues.

bancevic

Reaction score
so I took the walk on the wildside, and installed rooted gingerbread and then installed drod's blurrybread, and I have to say I liked it, but I was missing the key features of rubix focused so i decided to go back and I am having issues. Every time I attempt to apply rubix focused 2.0.1 now I get stuck at the motorola screen. here is exactly how I attempted to do this... any help would be appreciated.

1. I SBF'd back to stock 2.2.1 as usual. (Verizon 2.3.340)
2. ran z4root to root the phone.
3. installed Droid X BootStrapper
4. ran Bootstrap Recovery & then Reboot Recovery
5. booted into Clockwork recovery - wiped data / cache
6. attempted to install rubix focused 2.0.1 from sdcard
7. upon reboot it gets stuck at motorola logo screen

I have attempted this process multiple times and tried different versions of the rom and sbf files, and get the same results... ME WANTZ ME RUBIX FOCUSED BACK !!!

jdhas

Reaction score
so I took the walk on the wildside, and installed rooted gingerbread and then installed drod's blurrybread, and I have to say I liked it, but I was missing the key features of rubix focused so i decided to go back and I am having issues. Every time I attempt to apply rubix focused 2.0.1 now I get stuck at the motorola screen. here is exactly how I attempted to do this... any help would be appreciated.

I have attempted this process multiple times and tried different versions of the rom and sbf files, and get the same results... ME WANTZ ME RUBIX FOCUSED BACK !!!

Have you tried doing a Factory Reset from the stock recovery screen? Hold down the "home" key when booting up the phone. When the exclamation point in a triangle appears, press the search button. Use the volume keys to select "Wipe data/factory reset" (or something like that), and use the camera button to confirm.

Also, you might want to try redownloading your .zip of Focused, in case it's messed up in any way, as the rest of your steps seem right on to me.

OP
B

bancevic

Reaction score

Have you tried doing a Factory Reset from the stock recovery screen? Hold down the "home" key when booting up the phone. When the exclamation point in a triangle appears, press the search button. Use the volume keys to select "Wipe data/factory reset" (or something like that), and use the camera button to confirm.

Also, you might want to try redownloading your .zip of Focused, in case it's messed up in any way, as the rest of your steps seem right on to me.

Yes. I did try the factory reset (blue) data/cache wipe. Sorry I did not include that, and it did not work. It still is stuck at the white Motorola logo.

Some more things I thought of:

1. I am using a Macbook Pro to download the rom files. Then I connect the Droid X via USB and transfer to SD card. I have used wifi explorer in the past to do this, maybe that is an option, and the mac is corrupting the files? I am using this forums version of RubixFocused2.0.1.zip, but have tried others with the same result.

OP
B

bancevic

Reaction score
I have used wifi explorer in the past to do this, maybe that is an option, and the mac is corrupting the files? I am using this forums version of RubixFocused2.0.1.zip, but have tried others with the same result.

using wifi explorer instead of usb cable to transfer the files worked. i guess user i/o error. what would cause this? does the droidx have to be in a special mode to transfer files correctly from a macbook pro?

Whitemike358

Reaction score
I would have suggested just downloading it straight from your x but your good now.

Sent from my DROIDX