PATCH — Focused 1.9.0 update to 2.3.340

akiles

Reaction score
Rebooted phone and got this:
"The application messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
Tried to open messaging but it crashes... my phone is crawling... it was fast until this morning when it happened.

After a clean sbf, clared data and cache, I installed 1.9.0 for the leak, cleared d&cash again and installed the patch. Then added Septh's black bar. I was fine Sun nite and Mon. This happened today.

I try reloading rubix and patching again.

Another thing, I tried calling *228, and hit 2 by mistake, call went thru, but it crashed in a couple of secs. Also the in-call icon on the bar remained...

Phone is possessed.

So, I was feeling on top of the world with having rubix 1.9 patched since Sunday night.
Today, I got a connection error while browsing the market. I tried again and saw that the signal bars had a flashing "x" and no bars. I turned the phone off, and pulled out the batt. Same thing. I tried making a call and I got this msg saying that the phone was in airplane mode. So I went to the settings and every time I tried to open Wireless Network it did not respond (as if the app ad crashed and took me back to the prev menu).

Finally got it and before I had a chance to turned airplane mode off, I noticed that it was cycling (on and off -probably looking for signal?). I even restored a backup I had made right after making the rom and nothing... still, in airplane mode...

Any ideas?

What theme/mods are installed?
Signal issues are almost always theme related, or framework related.

Best bet, is to install Focused again (no wipe of data/cache).. hopefully will fix... assuming it was a theme that isn't compatible with Focused)...

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
Rebooted phone and got this:
"The application messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"
Tried to open messaging but it crashes... my phone is crawling... it was fast until this morning when it happened.

After a clean sbf, clared data and cache, I installed 1.9.0 for the leak, cleared d&cash again and installed the patch. Then added Septh's black bar. I was fine Sun nite and Mon. This happened today.

I try reloading rubix and patching again.

Another thing, I tried calling *228, and hit 2 by mistake, call went thru, but it crashed in a couple of secs. Also the in-call icon on the bar remained...

Phone is possessed.

So, I was feeling on top of the world with having rubix 1.9 patched since Sunday night.
Today, I got a connection error while browsing the market. I tried again and saw that the signal bars had a flashing "x" and no bars. I turned the phone off, and pulled out the batt. Same thing. I tried making a call and I got this msg saying that the phone was in airplane mode. So I went to the settings and every time I tried to open Wireless Network it did not respond (as if the app ad crashed and took me back to the prev menu).

Finally got it and before I had a chance to turned airplane mode off, I noticed that it was cycling (on and off -probably looking for signal?). I even restored a backup I had made right after making the rom and nothing... still, in airplane mode...

Any ideas?

What theme/mods are installed?
Signal issues are almost always theme related, or framework related.

Best bet, is to install Focused again (no wipe of data/cache).. hopefully will fix... assuming it was a theme that isn't compatible with Focused)...

*22899 might help.. ??

akiles

Reaction score
Nah... been a BF fan since the very first one. I "almost" bought it last nite from steam but checked the reviews in amzn and 2 stars only??? (pc version -I don't do those funny console controllers cuz my gonads descended almost 40 years ago).

In a few months BF3 should come out... hope my video card can keep up.

Anyway, battery is at 60% so screw it, I'll try reloading rubix and the patch again. Wish me luck!

I'll check it out, Septh -thanks, mate. Charging now and waiting for a full charge before reloading the rom.
Now I gotta release some stress with BFBC2 before I kick this phone!
*22899 might help.. ??

What, no black-ops? ;)

akiles

Reaction score
1.- You make a clean install of a ROM
2.- You set it up the way you want it -shortcuts, sounds, settings, etc
3.- You make a backup
4.- You install a different ROM -and wipe data and cache
5.- you don't like it so you decide to restore your last backup: wipe data and cache and then restore.

Question: will that backup restore the corresponding data and cache?
Just curiosity... thank you.

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
1.- You make a clean install of a ROM
2.- You set it up the way you want it -shortcuts, sounds, settings, etc
3.- You make a backup
4.- You install a different ROM -and wipe data and cache
5.- you don't like it so you decide to restore your last backup: wipe data and cache and then restore.

Question: will that backup restore the corresponding data and cache?
Just curiosity... thank you.

/data dir is most certainly backed up. Not 100% sure about cache, but that shouldn't matter.

akiles

Reaction score
Thank you, Seph.
I cleared data and cache, and in one sweep loaded rubix 1.9.0leak followed by the patch and black bar mode.
Everything is good now.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I'll check it out, Septh -thanks, mate. Charging now and waiting for a full charge before reloading the rom.
Now I gotta release some stress with BFBC2 before I kick this phone!

What, no black-ops? ;)

PC or Console?

/derail

I just played Black-Ops for the first time at my buddy's house the other night... I might need to buy it. Console definitely. Just not sure if I'd get it on 360 or PS3.

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
/derail

I just played Black-Ops for the first time at my buddy's house the other night... I might need to buy it. Console definitely. Just not sure if I'd get it on 360 or PS3.

PC. :p

10chars

But why? You lose out on the 50" plasma display with 7.1 surround that way!

DVI -> HDMI is the way to go...

I don't play black ops anyway, mostly LoL, when I actually do find time to game.. which is almost never :(

Reaction score
PC. :p

10chars

But why? You lose out on the 50" plasma display with 7.1 surround that way!

DVI -> HDMI is the way to go...

I don't play black ops anyway, mostly LoL, when I actually do find time to game.. which is almost never :(

Ok, so now that we've turned this into a gaming thread ...

I've been playing a lot Black Ops on my 360 lately. I've long since grown tired of getting my arse handed to me on a plate by 12 year olds with nothing better to do, so I largely stick to playing Co-Op 'Combat training' with a couple of friends.

I also long ago quit playing games on the PC. While it is trivial to connect the PC to my flat-screen/audio, etc, I got tired of buying a new video card/CPU/Memory every 6 months just to "stay on top" (and yes, I *HAVE* to stay on top :))

I've had a 360 since about '04? never looked back :)

Of course, My Droid X and my Viewsonic G-Tablet (Tegra 2 Android) are starting to hack away at my xbox time as well :)

Kuonji

Reaction score
I don't give bad info. Using TiBackup on focused to restore apps is a known issue and can cause problems with the rom.

Its only an issue when you restore SYSTEM APPS and USER APPS with data. Otherwise there is no problem what so ever to use Titanium with Focused. Just restore USER APPS without data. This is how I do it and many others do it...including Drod himself (he stated this in a different thread about this very topic)

I restored a solid handful of apps from TiBackup (all USER apps) as APP+DATA before I read this piece of advice.

Is there anything I should look out for since I've done that? Honestly I don't even know what is included in the DATA portion for each particular app.

What types of issues have come up by restoring user APP+DATA?