PATCH — Focused 1.9.0 update to 2.3.340

Reaction score
I think I f'ed up.
I thought this would be simple but...
So I'm on the .215 running RubiX 1.9.0 and Septh's bar of awesomeness.
I thought I'd just run ROM manager with the backup I made after I rooted the phone right after I got the froyo OTA and then unroot and install the new OTA.
So, I restored the backup and realized that I had removed some of the bloat and had made a Titanium backup which I cannot find since I have a new pc since then.
Then I thought I could just use some of the stock roms from ROM manager (DroidX 2,2) but it fails.
All of this so I wouldn't have to use RSD Lite (which I'm afraid to use -yes, I'm a p****).
Got RSD, got the drivers, but where can I find the image file to flash?
I know some may say "google it, lazy bastard", and I did, but I get a million files and I'm afraid to choose the wrong one. Could someone point me in the right direction?
Thank you in advance.

PS: when the ROM Manager stock backup failed, it messed up the phone (I'm sure it was something I did). I had to restore my last rubix backup but I lost root (got it back). The phone was at 80% batt and after I restored the RubiX 1.9.0 backup, it showed 100%... guess gotta clear the batt stats again, right?

Droid X Full 2.2 SBF

coolj478

Reaction score
Somewhat off topic but I read the ota was a little easier to undervolt. I've been using stock speeds but undervolting by 4 vsel (52 max vsel). How much battery does undervolting really give you? I'm thinking of ocing to 1.1 so I'd probably have to go up to atleast 54 vsel and I wonder how much juice I'd lose.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

akiles

Reaction score
There are many (more than 1 thread) linking to the same page regarding SBFs. I saw a few from Sr members that linked to the same page. There is a guide on how-to SBF that links to the same page. There are others for the D1, etc.

I found the same page in such post (by a Sr member) but did not use it because I was not sure if that was the right image.

Thank you, Saphod. I'm back to stock -what an ugly phone :)

kameleongt

Reaction score
so now that I'm on 1.9.0 leaked verision .320 with patch for .320 to .340. do I still have old kernal and baseband? what would be the best way to get everything upto date with latest .340 release OTA even. I just want to be all on .340 and wait for the full sbf to come out incase I have any issues I know what I can back up on. as of right now i'm not sure what sbf I can go to if I partially brick my phone for what ever reason that maybe.

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies

hartsgt

Reaction score
im sure there has to be an easier way or will be in the future. this morning i recieved the overclock update and once the updat e was installed i restarted my phone. this locked me at the m logo. as i said im sure there is an easier way but i used the .320 full sbf then installed the .340 sbf update and the .340 kernal then installed 1.9.0 and the patch. things are working great again except overclocking but at least i am working again. anyway the only thing that didnt seem to update to where i was on the ota was the kernal

OP
S

sephtin

Reaction score
so now that I'm on 1.9.0 leaked verision .320 with patch for .320 to .340. do I still have old kernal and baseband? what would be the best way to get everything upto date with latest .340 release OTA even. I just want to be all on .340 and wait for the full sbf to come out incase I have any issues I know what I can back up on. as of right now i'm not sure what sbf I can go to if I partially brick my phone for what ever reason that maybe.

Thanks in advance for anyone who replies

If you have the 2.3.320 version, you only need the MBM, Kernal, and Baseband patches from here:
TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader
to be updated.

The /system patch, will just overwrite the ROM anyway, and be completely undone with the ROM replaces /system again.. so no point.

If you ever brick your phone, you can always do the 2.3.320 .sbf, and then use those same 3 patches to get you to 2.3.340 (everything but /system... which can be done by loading a 2.3.340 compatible ROM...).

Hope that helps!

Flea.

Reaction score
Thanks for the patch sephtin, Worked great dancedroid

cruckus

Reaction score
Just to help those stuck on. 320 tbh has multiple zips to load so you don't need a computer to update I have the files on my phone but you can download them at my droid world I think

Edit: didn't read the post at the top but yup that's it

kameleongt

Reaction score
Thanks Seph I went ahead and put those things upto date phones running as good as always :)

Thanks for your help.

akiles

Reaction score
I feel your pain, brother... I came from a blackberry storm (3 of them, if you consider how many times I had to send the &&*&%^%^ thing back to VZ for a replacement).

wow sorry for being a loser newbie. still getting used to the changes from bb. that worked great so far. music player and you tube work. amazing how much better things are when you follow directions. well thank you all very much for the help