Blur is getting a bad rap.

ohfire

Reaction score
I ended up with a D2 after my wife's D1 locked up after the update. We both got our droids last February and they were working fine. Then the update hit. Locked her phone up tight and mine started eating the battery. They sent her a "like new" replacement that was well used. I complained about a nasty phone replacing a pristine phone and they sent out a 2nd replacement D1 and it was even worse than the first replacement. So I took the box in to my local Verizon store and spoke with the Manager. He came out and handed me a new D2 in the box and I was settled with that. Until I came home to find out that they had added another full year to our contract and treated it as an early upgrade. I was not told they were doing this or I would not have accepted it. As of this date, I still do not have the issue resolved. Customer service told me it would be treated as any upgrade and I could return it within 30 days for another device, but the stored tell me I can't do it. I ended up with the D2, she did not like it, I don't mind it, but certainly not what I would have upgraded to.

ibevsop

Reaction score
not bad

Blur is not bad. My previouus device was droid eris(HTC Sense), with a great interface, in my experience and opinion. I have never used D1 or any other device running this OS so, it's interesting to know what UI blur is being compared to. My understanding of stock Android was pretty much basic no frills functionality. I would take MoToBlur over stock probably without even having ever used it, considering the type of user I am. I have a normal interest in customizing my device and feeling "in control", short of root access. I, like many others have come to fully expect a solid delivery on the UI your device ships with. Anyway, not bad 'tall. Of course I don't want the bloat, but hell, will I really go that much faster without it?!