Blur is getting a bad rap.

bizzshow

Reaction score
I like the little quick contacts tab those are handy in my book especially because I hate sifting through all my contacts for those that I call a lot.

imtheconvict

Reaction score
i really like the dialer and launcher in blur i just dont like the facebook and contact control. Ive been playing with deleting apps to try and change that i dont really wanna load a custom rom i c no need i just want a few things changed

Reaction score
There are certain things about blur that i do like and others i dont

But i was the same that i was mad at first that i had blur on the phone but after changing the launcher started to like it

comprocon

Reaction score
when you guys are saying "replacement" what do you mean, they're replacing your droid with a droid2?

I just had a problem with one that I've had for a while, and under warranty, they replaced my d1 with a d1

MrKleen

Reaction score
when you guys are saying "replacement" what do you mean, they're replacing your droid with a droid2?

I just had a problem with one that I've had for a while, and under warranty, they replaced my d1 with a d1

Yes, there are many of us that had our Droid 1's replaced with 2's. Even though they sent me another 1, a supervisor hooked me up with a brand new 2. I was going on my 4th Droid. I am very happy they hooked me up with this new phone because I really like it!

pathfin9

Reaction score
i really like the dialer and launcher in blur i just dont like the facebook and contact control. Ive been playing with deleting apps to try and change that i dont really wanna load a custom rom i c no need i just want a few things changed

What do you need to change to get the contacts to be like stock android? I'm interested in trying to change this, but I'm not sure what I need to replace.

Thanks!

-John

wkearney99

Reaction score
I agree that blur isn't as bad as some folks make out. It manages to do a pretty decent job. Some folks just like to complain.

I think VZ made a huge mistake not letting people be able to delete apps they do not want. Crap like city ID and blockbuster just piss me off. That and I want the option to disable the automatic loading of others like amazon, skype and the weather stuff. I might use them eventually, meanwhile my sense of order about what's running on the machine is disrupted. I do not want them running, yet VZ specifically prevents me from changing this. This does not make me a happy customer. It just gives me something to complain about, potentially discouraging others from becoming customers. Give me the choice and VZ gains me being able to encourage others to get the phone/service. Seems a whole lot smarter than forcing crap on customers.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol, people do like to gripe and complain. While I find it a minor annoyance, it's not a big deal to me. It's not like I need 7 home screens, I really don't.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
blur doesnt bother me. i use launcher pro so i really dont have to deal with any of it.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
blur doesnt bother me. i use launcher pro so i really dont have to deal with any of it.

See…just goes to show if you've got a problem, Droid has a solution.;)

i saw so many posts over at DxF when the DX came out about how they hated blur and they tried so hard to get rid of it and problems arose when they deleted some of the blur.

i just sat there with my LP setup and laughed :)

dB Zac

Reaction score
I have the DX, not the D2 and in the past I too hated OE UI's. The HTC sense is a bloated gimmick on android. I never thought I would feel this way because Sense was the difference that made it when it came to WM. I also have played with Touch wiz and hate that too. That being said, I like most of what the DX/D2 lighter version of Blur has to offer. The "happenings" widget really makes my life easier. I stay more in touch with friends now. Also I really like the Contact quick link widgets, they are a big improvement in style and content to Vanilla android. There are still some things I like better about Vanilla android. The 2.2 home screens seem better to me, the contacts list is better in my opinion also. But again, over all I really like the Motorola additions

Last edited:

REARless

Reaction score
I dislike the blur. Sorry. I hate how is screws up my contacts. I am rooted and have renamed all the apk's I can without sending me into bootloops.

However, WHAT I REALLY HATE, and it is not blur, it is the VERIZON BACKUP ASSISTANT that so permeates this locked ROM. Even to the point where is is in the settings menu. I don't need this, I don't want this, you can't disable it without getting bootloops, why in the hell is it there?

bizzshow

Reaction score
I too hate backup assistant its the most useless thing they've put on this phone I can't stand it every time I plug my phone into my computer it launches a web page for backup assistant
Why load bloat that serves the same function of a built in feature

Last edited:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too hate backup assistant its the most useless thing they've put on this phone I can't stand it every time I plug my phone into my computer it launches a web page for backup assistant
Why load bloat that is already built into my phone

Really! Doesn't do that to me at all. I get a message that pops up and says "This device is not compatible" with the option to ignore. I ignore and just double click to get into my SD card. I have a Mac so that may be why.