Bluetooth vs. WiFi

generik

Reaction score
Greetings!

I would like to listen to last.fm over via wifi with my bluetooth headset, but the wifi-connection tends to be rather unstable in this configuration and the last.fm stream breaks.
I'm pretty sure that it is because of the simultaneous bluetooth connection; without it, the last.fm-stream runs smoothly.

Does anybody experience the same problems? Is there a solution? Is the solution even possible or is it a conceptual problem (i. e. I understand that bluetooth and wifi use the same frequency and thus influence each other).

Thank you,
generik

but the wifi-connection tends to be rather unstable in this configuration and the last.fm stream breaks. I'm pretty sure that it is because of the simultaneous bluetooth connection; without it, the last.fm-stream runs smoothly.

0105c30h.jpg
Figure 7. Throughput reduction of Bluetooth (synchronous-connection-oriented links) in the presence of Wi-Fi (IEEE 802.11b).
Because the Wi-Fi system looks like a broadband jammer to the Bluetooth node, one would expect to see voice-packet failures occur more or less randomly until the access point is sufficiently far away (that is, the signal-to-noise ratio increases) to let the capture effect block the interference. Because the Bluetooth receiver is nonlinear, this transition should occur sharply, and the simulation indicates that it does. It also is interesting to note that the relatively short (<150-microsecond) acknowledgements (ACKs) in the station do not seem to cause severe packet loss. However, the much longer Ethernet packets from the access point do cause significant Bluetooth packet loss.

Ref: http://www.ce-mag.com/archive/01/05/lansford.html

Glad I found this thread. My external bluetooth stereo speakers were cutting in and out until I turned WiFi off. Ratz.

Back