Bluetooth Volume issue with Headset

shankomatic

Reaction score
I have a set of Sony Ericsson Bluetooth ear buds. I am having some strange volume issues. The first time I attempted to use them the volume was at a very excessive level, like 8 on a 1-10 scale). Adjusting the volume only went from 8-10. I was unable to get the sound at a reasonable level to listen to unless I was in the mood to head bang.

After a reboot (and battery pull), the sound came back at different level. Right now I can only adjust the volume in the range of about 3-4 (1-10 scale). Can't get enough volume out them to here them if there is any type of background noise. This is where is it at all of the time now. I had a suggestion on another board to try safe mode, I get the same type of controls in safe mode as well. I have tried a few different sound utilites to control the sound and none seemed to help.

These ear buds work great on my OG Droid. Any ideas??

gsDroid

Reaction score
Have you adjusted the volume on both the Bionic and the bt ear buds? Either place will adjust the volume you hear. I usually put the volume at about 80% on the phone and adjust the volume on the bt device from there.

OP
S

shankomatic

Reaction score
I am assuming you mean the media volume before turning on the bluetooth. If so, I have tried that various volume levels. If this is low, I get nothing, if I set it 50% or above, I get the scenario described above.

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
The media volume on your bionic should be set at or near maximum. This will give your headset the greatest volume range, as well as the highest fidelity (audio quality).

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums

OP
S

shankomatic

Reaction score
Thanks.. Yes I have tried it at maximum. It gives me the most output but not at a reasonable level. Conversations in the background are drowning out the sound of the music. Not looking for head banging volume, just want to be able to here it.

The BT250/500 are just headsets. I am looking for something to listen to music on. The typical bluetooth headsets are too small for my head, so I had to go with the bluetooth earbuds.

bladerunn3r

Reaction score
Mmm.... That is strange.... Are you able to try another pair of bluetooth headphones? That would tell you if yours are defective, or whether the problem is with your phone. Guessing it's a hardware problem with one of the two, and not a software problem. Just a guess though..

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums

iamjoe

Reaction score
I ma experiencing low bluetooth volume issues with my bionic and my plantronics marquee m155 bluetooth headset. The volume on the bionic is all the way up as is the volume on the tooth but still it's way low. I am going to connect my tooth to my wife iPhone and see what happens

iamjoe

Reaction score
I ma experiencing low bluetooth volume issues with my bionic and my plantronics marquee m155 bluetooth headset.  The volume on the bionic is all the way up as is the volume on the tooth but still it's way low.  I am going to connect my tooth to my wife iPhone and see what happens