Bluetooth Volume Issues

Bravos419

Reaction score
So I went to try out bluetooth on my Bose system for the first time today, and the sound was incredibly distorted! That distortion sound you get when the volume on the source is waay too high. Turning down the volume on the phone did absolutely nothing until it reached the "muted" level, where the volume actually muted. It seems as though the bluetooth volume is set to maxx, and won't turn down at all.

To confirm, I linked my Bose to a reliable source and everything sounded normal again. No distortion and responded to source volume changes.

Has anyone else found this issue with bluetooth volume? Please let me know if there is a fix!

Reiles

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I have had similar issues with the LG Tone+ headset. It seems to be an issue with Droid line Motorola phones. What music player are you using? Try downloading Power Amp Music Player (Trial). It allowed me to lower the Bluetooth audio to a more acceptable level.

Casen

Reaction score
Power amp works with BT just fine for me.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk 4

OP
B

Bravos419

Reaction score
I have had similar issues with the LG Tone+ headset. It seems to be an issue with Droid line Motorola phones. What music player are you using? Try downloading Power Amp Music Player (Trial). It allowed me to lower the Bluetooth audio to a more acceptable level.

I was using Google Play Music. I will test it out with other players and report back. Looks like PowerAmp is a fix. Thing is, I don't have music stored on the phone. Only the cloud.

minkeebluee

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. Lg tone + and bose soundlink II. The minimum volume is still really loud.

westa510

Reaction score
I like to listen to iHeart radio, but cannot using the Motorola S10 nor the LG Tone. To date my work around is a wired headphone and a Vic-20 inline volume controller.