Bluetooth Streaming and Ringer

jcherian

Reaction score
I listen to music via Spotify & LG Tone Bluetooth headphones, on my RAZR MAXX, daily at work. Phone is stock & unrooted running the latest JellyBean OTA. Up until roughly a month ago, I had no issues with music streaming via BT whatsoever. All of a sudden, now when I am listening to music on the headphones and a call comes in, my music plays at max volume over the phone’s speaker, rather than pausing and playing the ringtone through my earphone.

As you can imagine this is an issue at a relatively quiet office… has anyone come across the same issue? What can I do to resolve it? Is there a way to control media volume independent of Bluetooth volume (i.e. turn my media volume all the way down, but Bluetooth volume at whatever level I want in my earphone)?

xtor

Reaction score
I listen to music via Spotify & LG Tone Bluetooth headphones, on my RAZR MAXX, daily at work. Phone is stock & unrooted running the latest JellyBean OTA. Up until roughly a month ago, I had no issues with music streaming via BT whatsoever. All of a sudden, now when I am listening to music on the headphones and a call comes in, my music plays at max volume over the phone’s speaker, rather than pausing and playing the ringtone through my earphone.

As you can imagine this is an issue at a relatively quiet office… has anyone come across the same issue? What can I do to resolve it? Is there a way to control media volume independent of Bluetooth volume (i.e. turn my media volume all the way down, but Bluetooth volume at whatever level I want in my earphone)?

If spotify is an app, I would reinstall it, I had to do that on some apps after update on wife's maxx, I've never used spotify, good luck

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS! SENT FROM NOTE 2

Ferris23

Reaction score

I'm having this same exact issue. I listen via Goole All Access Music, and the same darned thing happens. Now everone knows I like listening to the film scores at work.

Did re-installing fix the issue for you? I'm hoping there's a different fix, as I can uninstall/reinstall Play music as it's baked in.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

bdb780

Reaction score
I have the same issue regardless of what app I am using to listen to, Pandora, Google Play, etc. I have even tried d/l other music apps top see if it would fix the issue, but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did however, find that it only happens when the ringer is muted.

To resolve I d/l Call Blocker and have all of my calls sent to VM. I still get a brief sound from my speakers before the alp sends the call on.