bluetooth voice command prompt volume?

born2golf

Reaction score
Hi All, I've grown accustom to using voice command dialing since it works so well on the droid 2. However in the past few days I have noticed that when I initiate voice commands, the voice prompt ("Say a Command!") VERY low. This was not the case previously, in some cases I cannot even hear it. Yet, call in-call volume on the same bluetooth headset is fine. I have verified that the the following volumes are all set to max.

bluetooth in-call volume
media volume
ringer volume

what am I missing here?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Had this off and on for a while...no pattern. I did remove the BT device and re-add it which seems to have helped in this area.

patchm00

Reaction score
I had this too. I found an app but forget the name however master volume free seems to do same thing. You will find one of the volume way down which you can fix with the app

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

OP
B

born2golf

Reaction score
Had this off and on for a while...no pattern. I did remove the BT device and re-add it which seems to have helped in this area.

Exactly... on & off. Right now it;s back to being loud and I wish I knew why!

OP
B

born2golf

Reaction score
I had this too. I found an app but forget the name however master volume free seems to do same thing. You will find one of the volume way down which you can fix with the app

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

k, I'll check it out.

wkwaggoner

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
droid turbo 2
....this is interesting, have D1 and this just started to happen to me too....all settings all the way up....and sometimes it loses it's ability to see the jawbone....then comes back on....again only in the past few days....i also see nav not loading entire map when i use it....like a no reception area, but have clear line of sight etc....

[email protected]

Reaction score
2.2 breaks our Driod X?

Voice command was great, just tab my motorola s305 it will say say a command. evne when my phone was on sleep mode.

But after I upgrade firmware from 2.1 to 2.2 I am experiencing the problem that you guys have mentioned above.

Also I put a password to protect my phone (hit home button to bring back from sleep mode, slide my finger accross the screen and enter passcode).

Since then:
1. I won't be able to do voice command from my BT headset.
2. when I try to listen to music it there is either not coming through my
headset (just on speaker) or no sound at all.
3. after I took a picture it won't show up in gallery.
4. On home screen or in app tab on camera but it just flick and won't
give me the take picture.
5. In gallery, only see the wording for camera roll but no thumbnail
picture.

unfortunately I don't have enough time to play around with 2.1 so I don't know if other things are broken. But as soon as I got my phone, BT voice command is the first thing I try, the second is to compare picture quality with another similar phone my wife HTC Incredible and result was the Driod resulting id cooler picture (cold, more cyan color) where as the incredible is warmer, more red and more pink but just right.

[email protected]

Reaction score
2.2 break our Driod X?

Oh, for not being able to see picture that I just took with it, i had to wait random time or power down and up inorder to see it. I thought I got a bad or slow SD card so formatted that but didn't help.

Will try to pair my BT headset to see if it solve the problem.

ralpho711

Reaction score
Followed patchm00's recommendation and found "Volume Master" in the Market. Ran the app and the "Voice Call Stream" slider was nearly at the bottom of the range. I turned it up and voila, I can now hear the voice command prompts on my new Roadster BT speaker. dancedroid