Bluetooth Dialer

markied85

Reaction score
I use my bluetooth very frequently, and I'm glad that RubiX no longer uses the NUANCE dialer from the Stock X. However, the woman's voice in the bluetooth dialer that says "speak now" is so incredibly low that i cant hear when to start my command and sometimes it picks up the wrong contact and gives no kind of confirmation and I have to look at my screen, which i'm trying to avoid by using the bluetooth while I'm driving.

I'd like to use the regular Google Voice Search when I press the action button on my bluetooth headset. Does anyone have any advice how to make that happen? Or maybe a way to increase the volume of the BT Voice Dialer's sound? Increasing the Media volume works a little bit, but is still very quiet.

teh_g

Reaction score
I believe the Bluetooth uses the media volume setting, so if that is up, that is all I can think of.

Inkarnit

Reaction score
I noticed that the volume on that was pretty low too but not low enough to bother me... as for the voice dialer thing, I would love to replace it with google voice search myself, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

OP
M

markied85

Reaction score
Drag. I was hoping for answer like "oh ya, replace XYZ.apk in system/app and ur good to go".

I guess nothings that easy lol

bullfrog1401

Reaction score
I would have to agree...the volume is extremely low. I have nothing to compare it to since I just got a good bluetooth for christmas, but I can barely hear her!

Kuonji

Reaction score
Now if only someone could integrate google voice search into the bluetooth headset button.

djdubd

Reaction score
There is an app called "Bow Tie" in the market that does this. It's not the most elegant solution but it does work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Kuonji

Reaction score
There is an app called "Bow Tie" in the market that does this. It's not the most elegant solution but it does work.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I tried it. Cannot understand a single thing I say through the headset, unfortunately. This should seriously be a part of the next Android release at the very least, since it is so game-changing.