Solved Bluetooth not working after NDNS26.118-23-12-3 update

Irony58

Reaction score
Following the latest security update, NDNS26.118-23-12-3, my Bluetooth isn't working at all. It doesn't see any nearby Bluetooth devices during a scan, although I know there is working Bluetooth in the area. I tried using the phone's Settings and also an app, BToolkit.

Any thoughts on what to try?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there have been quite a few reports of this on the Moto Owners Forum, related to the Z Force & Z Play.

These are the basic troubleshooting steps I always try when issues like this happen. I have seen these steps posted on forums many times. And this is what Moto will ask you to do if you do request warranty support or device repair.

1.) Clear the system cache & reboot the phone. Instructions are here.

2.) Start the phone in Safe Mode. Instructions are here. Safe Mode on a phone is similar to Windows Safe Mode. Apps you installed from the Play Store will not run (most of them at least) and only the basic core system apps will run. It's a great tool to help determine if a Play Store app is causing the problems / issues. If the issue does not occur in Safe Mode, then a Play Store app is probably causing the issue and then steps can be taken to remove the affected app.

3.) If nothing else resolves the issue, back up ALL personal data (pics, music, files, etc.) and perform a Factory Data Reset (FDR). This removes all personal data, apps loaded from the Play Store, etc. and returns the phone to the original factory state. As soon as you re-activate the phone and log back in for the first time test Bluetooth (or whatever the issue was) before installing ANY Play Store apps, adjusting any Settings, adding a wallpaper, etc. Don't "personalize" the phone, and test to see if the issue persists. If the issue is resolved, slowly add Play Store apps back to the phone and monitor for the issue. If it returns you know which app you just installed and caused the problem. A Factory Reset (FDR) can be started from Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory Data Reset. **Note: Turn off the Back Up My Data option first, this prevents the phone from auto-downloading the same apps you had installed previously.

4.) If the issue exists after a FDR, and with NO Play Store apps installed and no adjusting Settings then a warranty replacement or device repair is the next option.

Hope that helps.