Bluetooth music issues

pbdroid

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a fix for the Bluetooth issues on the Galaxy S5. Mine's a Sprint version AOS=4.4.2.

I only stream to my UE Boom BT speakers via Spotify, and when I do I get really spotty performance (no pun intended). From my research, this seems to be a common problem. Is there a fix for this, or a custom ROM that has solved this issue?

Thank you!!!!

Last edited:
OP
P

pbdroid

Reaction score
Hey All,

I'm wondering if anyone has found a fix for the Bluetooth issues on the Galaxy S5. Mine's a Sprint version AOS=4.4.2.

I only stream to my UE Boom BT speakers via Spotify, and when I do I get really spotty performance (no pun intended). From my research, this seems to be a common problem. Is there a fix for this, or a custom ROM that has solved this issue?

Thank you!!!!

I'm guessing there isn't a fix. Disappointing that such an awesome phone can have such a blaring defect. I used my old HTC DNA and ran flawless bluetooth for almost five hours Friday night.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Sorry, I've got nothing pbdroid. My Bluetooth works great on all 3 BT devices. 2 ear buds and a UE Boom Mini I purchased over the holidays. No issues since I've had the phone. That said, I'm on a Verizon S5 with 4.4.4.

Update:
Have you checked lately to see if there's an OS update for your Sprint model? If if doesn't pop up over the air, try connecting to KIES for the update. Apparently it was released back in September for your model and it was supposed to have fixed some Bluetooth issues.
Good luck & let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I Am here for you also!! Anything you need including step-by-step help!! Just let me know!!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm guessing there isn't a fix. Disappointing that such an awesome phone can have such a blaring defect. I used my old HTC DNA and ran flawless bluetooth for almost five hours Friday night.
Another quick question. Does it seem to make any difference how far away from the phone your devices are? I have a Bluetooth speaker that's apparently defective because it never skips or cuts out when right by the phone, but more that about three feet away and it starts to cut out. It's obviously the device side my phone worries flawlessly with other devices at far greater distances.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

Last edited:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
The good thing about the UE BT speakers is that they work amazingly well at long distances. The UE Mini Boom has a 50ft range and it's pretty accurate. It starts cutting out around 45ish, so we're pretty pleased. Hopefully this will be resolved once the OP takes the latest update.

S5 tap'n

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
pbdroid, I posted a thread about this same issue a while back (audio drop outs while connected to Bluetooth). My phone is a Verizon S5. This issue got a lot better when I got the 4.4.4 update, but it still happens periodically (maybe a couple times per album). It happens with all my bluetooth devices, irrespective of distance (in my car the phone is < 2 feet from the BT device). I never had this issue with my previous phone (Galaxy S3). Hopefully getting the 4.4.4 update will at least improve things for you as it did for me. Keep us updated!

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
My phone is a Verizon S5. This issue got a lot better when I got the 4.4.4 update, but it still happens periodically (maybe a couple times per album).

Did you ever perform an FDR after the update to see if that fixed it completely??

Reactions: cr6

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Did you ever perform an FDR after the update to see if that fixed it completely??
No, been busy and I really dread having to rebuild everything from scratch, so I haven't tried an FDR yet.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
As Kaos suggested, I would definitely preform a FDR. I know it can be frustrating and time consuming, but it really does make a big difference.
Once you save your contacts to Google and set up your photos to automatically upload to the cloud, it's really quite painless. On top of that, you can have your apps automatically re-downloaded after an FDR. And, if you're using a third party launcher like Apex or Nova, you can restore your current homescreen setup to exactly how it was previously.
Keep these suggestions in mind for future reference and your FDRs will be quick & painless going forward.

S5 tap'n

wcjeep

Reaction score
In one vehicle I have a Kenwood deck. In that vehicle I can not use Pandora and Waze the same time. The BT randomly drops. All other BT devices work great. Distance between devices is the same.