Bluetooth Headset

bryconne1

Reaction score
I havent been able to find a topic on this anywhere, so ill ask. Sorry if it is a repeat question.

Is there any way I can connect my droid to my computer via bluetooth, and use my droid as a headset? That way i can use voice chat(skype) on my computer, and walk around the house.

Thanks for any answers!

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If you have WiFi, why not just install sipdroid to connect your droid directly with Skype, then chat away via bluetooth over your phone? If you connect via WiFi to your home broadband you are not using your phones data plan.

OP
B

bryconne1

Reaction score
I had been under the impression that, even when being connected to Wifi or 3g, skype still uses the phone to call people. It just calls a local 'skype' forwarding phone in your local area. But I will check this application out, thanks

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
That may be true, I don't use Skype.

I set this up after many painstaking hours and searches to find the right instructions, but I KNOW you can route Skype around your minutes with some combination of sipsorcery, sipgate and sipdroid. With google voice in addition to those, I have free in/out VOIP over wifi. FYI, I bought a gv account for $2 on Ebay.

Not actually the easiest instructions in the world, but maybe as simple and clear as can be expected:
Unlimited Free Calling with Google Voice - Google Docs

droid233

Reaction score
I am using a Samsung HM 3300 Headset on my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and am on my 2nd one. Returned the first one due to intermittent sound and people not hearing my voice, at times, when talking on the phone. Works great when it works but not dependable. The replacement HM 3300 has exactly the same problem. ........another, 3rd, replacement HM 3300 has exactly the same problem.

Last edited: