bluetooth headset compatability

ebean

Reaction score
i just thought of this. is it a given that the standard bluetooth headsets will work with the droid? i have a bang and olufsen earset2 (yes, it's slammingly amazing and has the BEST sound ever!!!). given that it works with my 700p, should i presume i'll be fine hooking it up to the droid? :blink:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just thought of this. is it a given that the standard bluetooth headsets will work with the droid? i have a bang and olufsen earset2 (yes, it's slammingly amazing and has the BEST sound ever!!!). given that it works with my 700p, should i presume i'll be fine hooking it up to the droid? :blink:

Yes BT is BT. Even 1.0 1.1 or how ever that works. I'm positive you'll be fine. No new equipment needed for that :)

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just can't make myself wear one of those. Nothing against those who do, but I don't feel like I'm important enough to need a phone on my ear 24/7. :laugh:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have always had voice dialing, but never used it much due to I didn't like it's implementation. Won't be a problem for me.

I use BT headset only while i'm driving, if I receive a call that i need to take, it is just 1000000 times easier to take the call and not worry about fidgeting.

OP
ebean

ebean

Reaction score
i'm in sales and do get a lot of calls...espec. if i'm out on appointments. i wear my bluetooth headset when i'm driving. easy on and off the call. looking forward to the car mount so i can stop putting my phone in the cup holder!

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
I take my meetings using a bluetooth headset since I'm usually multitasking at work. When I'm at the park with my daughter, I use a BT headset so that it keeps my hands free to take care of her when needed. It's been a boon for me having a young child.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I just can't make myself wear one of those. Nothing against those who do, but I don't feel like I'm important enough to need a phone on my ear 24/7. :laugh:

1) who wears it all the time?

2) My discovery 925 is small, light, and lasts for days.

3) Hands free is required by law while driving in several states

4) When i have my discover 925 in, you can barely feel it and almost always has better sound quality than built in speakers.

I use SD9HD headphones for the media part. I use them at work a lot and love not having to deal with a cord. Plus controls on the headset.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i'm in sales and do get a lot of calls...espec. if i'm out on appointments. i wear my bluetooth headset when i'm driving. easy on and off the call. looking forward to the car mount so i can stop putting my phone in the cup holder!

Aint that the dang truth of things, When i need to charge my phone in the car, which is quite often, it ends up in my cup holder.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

1) who wears it all the time?

2) My discovery 925 is small, light, and lasts for days.

3) Hands free is required by law while driving in several states

4) When i have my discover 925 in, you can barely feel it and almost always has better sound quality than built in speakers.

I use SD9HD headphones for the media part. I use them at work a lot and love not having to deal with a cord. Plus controls on the headset.

Are you kidding me? I see people daily who walk around with one on their ear all day long, even if it isn't necessary. When I'm at work, I'm on the phone at my desk. I can certainly understand it's usefulness for those of you who use your cell phone for business purposes, driving, and keeping your hands free when out and about with your children.

lauriep

Reaction score
And, in my case, working with horses, which always requires both hands!

Phillipsave

Reaction score
Using my old motorola bluetooth with my new Droid, it keeps cutting off during calls, even when it has been recently charged. It never did this with my motorola cellphone. Any ideas or suggestions?

msheldon

Reaction score
I got an LG HBS-250 Stereo bluetooth headset that I use at work primarily for listening to music, though it's a decent headset for calls too. Though I only really use it for calls when I get a call while listening to music.

I also have a Samsung WEP470 that I use at home when I need to talk and work on my computer at the same time (trouble calls). But truthfully, It just stays turned off on my desk until I need it. I probably only get/make 2 calls a week, would be kind of lame to wear a headset all the time :)

Got both of them on woot for cheap.