So what is the Verdict on the Droid & Bluetooth?

Mars

Reaction score
I'm hearing conflicting opinions on the function of the Droid & bluetooth headsets. Some say it works fine and some say it flat out sucks. I've been only sticking to using the speakerphone. Even when I'm in my car, I have it connected to my AUX port on the deck. But I'm possibly looking to get an actual bluetooth headset. Any thoughts?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Bluetooth works fine....I use it everyday.

Voice Dialing via Bluetooth Does Not Work.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Bluetooth works fine, but voice dialing via bluetooth does not (as stated). Looking to do any bluetooth stereo audio? That works for me too. The control profile I'm not sure about.

OP
Mars

Mars

Reaction score
Backnblack any suggestions on bluetooth headsets that work well with the Droid?

GerryG35

Reaction score
I'm using a Motorola H12 and haven't had any problems whatsoever. I can answer and terminate a call and it always syncs up right away. Of course, as everyone will point out, you can't initiate a call using Bluetooth but I've never successfully used the microphone voice dial either so I guess we all hope that the next update will correct both "issues."

I also want to recommend the app called Car Dock Speakerphone which I found on the Market. It's small, just over 88KB, runs automatically, and is free. When my Droid is docked in my car (using the Motorola Car Mount Phone Holder for Droid) this app automatically turns the speakerphone ON. However, when I have the Bluetooth headset on, it does NOT turn the speakerphone on - perfection for me. :)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use a Moto H780

Zero Problems

griz8791

Reaction score
The important point is that right now it isn't totally handsfree with a bluetooth headset because you have to handle the phone to initiate a call.

I use a couple of different bluetooth headsets with it and also have a Motorola S505 in my car. The next, previous, and pause buttons on these devices do indeed control the music player on the Droid exactly the way they are supposed to.

CBLJazz

Reaction score
i'm using the plantronic 220 that i used with my former phone an env touch.
call quality is better- connection is faster.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I use the Plantronics Voyager 510 and it works great with the Droid. I haven't had any problems with connections nor reception.

Technoman

Reaction score
I just bought the Plantronics Discovery 975 and it is friking awesome. Has Multi-point connection capability and I can connect bluetooth to my personal (Droid) and Work (BB Curve) at the same time. Answer whatever phone rings. Still does not work for BT dialing on the Droid, but overall I am loving it!!!

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use a Jabra BT5something -- it works like a dream

jimmiem

Reaction score
Original Jawbone. Works beautifully. One thing that struck me immediately is how quickly I am connected to an incoming call when I answer the phone. On my HTC Touch Pro there was a 2-3 second delay after answering before you were able to hear or speak to the caller.

BigE"s DROID

Reaction score
I use Motorola S-9 and it works great! if u have a problem its probly operater error!!