So what is the Verdict on the Droid & Bluetooth?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
My car came with built in BT and it pairs and sounds fine.

giant25

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I have the Jawbone Prime (or Jawbone III). I love it even more than my original Jawbone. Droid has no problem with it.

patriot839

Reaction score
I use a moto h680 bt headset it works great but I am looking at getting the motorola HX1 endeavor with true bone coduction tech if anyone has one of these I would love to hear a personal opinion. I've read almost all there is to read from moto concerning droid pros and cons motos response to the lack of voice dial via bluetooth is "motorola is aware of the blutooth voice dial issue with the droid and we are doing everything we can to correct the issue" so I don't know when but I believe it will be fixed soon

gloster

Reaction score
I use a Motorola H17. It works well while on the call.

It is the type of headset which is typically off rather than in standby mode when not being used. Unfortunately, sometimes it goes into pairing mode rather than answering a call when I turn it on while the Droid is ringing. I suspect it is a problem with the Droid rather than the H17.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I just got the Rokr HD stereo head phones and I love them. Works amazingly.

When I'm driving I hook Droid up to an fm transmitter so it plays incoming calls through my speakers. The internal mic is so amazing people don't know I'm almost two feet away from the phone!

I want voice dialing though and I hope they can get it to us before my life is over lol.

tldr: Bluetooth works well.

xxfonziexx

Reaction score
I use a Plantronics Voyager 510 for calls, Motorola S305 headphones for music, and and Eclipse CD5030 in my car, all with bluetooth and all of which work great with the droid.

grgguy

Reaction score
I use a plantronics, however on my old envy touch I could access my visual voicemail and the navigater both through my headset , now niether work ! a real bummer for me I 'm hoping 2.1 will fix this

zero7404

Reaction score
honestly ... i find it kind of funny (and sad at the same time) that bluetooth and wifi, which are both official protocol standards, do not play nice on this fone.

i continue to wonder if its really the fone or the software. either way, this subject is on my radar as far as a make or break deal when i am in the market for another fone.

my observed issues were that my bluant v1 doesnt like the droid, had all kinds of connectivity and static issues. so i ditched it and bought a discovery 925. often on the first time each day trying to pair them, they dont pair. i have to power cycle the bt of the fone, and the headset to connect fine.

my experience with wifi is that the connection doesnt work after a few mins of using it. this i think has to do with my networks AES encryption....

sfericean

Reaction score
Motorola HX1 Endeavor Volume Problem

I use a moto h680 bt headset it works great but I am looking at getting the motorola HX1 endeavor with true bone coduction tech if anyone has one of these I would love to hear a personal opinion. I've read almost all there is to read from moto concerning droid pros and cons motos response to the lack of voice dial via bluetooth is "motorola is aware of the blutooth voice dial issue with the droid and we are doing everything we can to correct the issue" so I don't know when but I believe it will be fixed soon

Ok maybe I'm going deaf or maybe I am the first person to pick out two bad BT devices from Costco on two different occasions...(the probability to do this must be astronomical). I got a Jawbone what ever the hell model and it was dead. It wasn't for my droid so I won't go any further with that story. However I purchased a HX1 Endeavor from the same Costco and frankly I think its much too quiet. The picture on the box shows a guy driving in a convertible at what seems to be a high rate of speed. So if this guy is driving in a convertible and he can hear correctly (if he's using a droid) he must have a bionic ear or something.

Tomorrow I'm returning my BT to Costco and trying another one to see if I get the same result. The in-ear prompts are really loud so I know the BT can get loud but the in-call volume is AWFUL!!! (IMO)

I've asked XDA Developers if there's an issue & on this forum with no response...so i figure I'm either going deaf, very unlucky, or my droid sucks balls at blue tooth in-call volume with this device...

I also posted a video on youtube of a phenomenon that has been happening on my phone since I got this BT let me know what you guys think...

[video=youtube;uX0kKOW-KLY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uX0kKOW-KLY"]YouTube - Motorola HX1 - Bluetooth Volume Problem[/video]