Bluetooth car - visor

alwx2

Reaction score
Searched but can't seem to find what I'm looking for, which is a bluetooth car kit. Motorola T305 for example. I drive 6sp and would like to be able to talk w/o holding the phone. Anyone have any experience with Droid and a car kits? Bonus points if you've got recommendations for use in a convertible (370z). Thanks

ArXane

Reaction score
I use the BlueAnt Supertooth Light. I really like it.

This... but we like the Supertooth 3. So far we have ordered 5 for family and friends because of the gay law that oregon just passed.

DroidPDX

Reaction score
I got the Tritton AX Visor when the hands-free law went into effect here. No one can tell I am in the car, and that includes driving down the interstate in rain with the wipers going. I give it a very strong recommendation.

TRITTON AX Visor - speaker phone

vabeach1

Reaction score
Will the Blackberry VM605 work with the Droid. It's getting some great reviews.

OP
A

alwx2

Reaction score
The Supertooth 3 gets good reviews. Wondering about the voice recognition and the read out of incoming caller ID. Does this work with the Droid? Or more general question, does the Droid work with any voice recongnition or caller ID w/o having to unlocked? True handsfree. Admittedly, I haven't tried any BT device with it yet.
Thanks

OP
A

alwx2

Reaction score
Picked up the BlueAnt Supertooth 3 Saturday at The Shack. Very impressed so far. My address book download automatically enabling it to state the name of whoever is calling.
Took the Z out Sunday with the topdown, yes it was quite cold, but wanted a good test so I could return it if I didn't like the performance. Call volume and clarity on both ends were excellent. I guess the visor being just below the windshield cuts out alot of the wind noise. Works much better than earpiece I tried.
So far I haven't had to touch it, except to disconnect a call. It has a vibration sensor that causes it to search for my phone whenever I open the door. All I have to do is enable Bluetooth on the Droid.
I downloaded the Speed Dial app so I can call my most frequently used number with a minimum of effort.