Bluetooth and Handsfree

allencrabtree

Reaction score
Does ANYONE on here actually have their Droid 2 (or for that matter ANY Droid phone) work properly with their car's hand's free system? I have a 2010 Jetta with which I have had NO problems with my Blackberry Storm or my wife's LG. I have even tried it with an older Motorola flip phone. In all cases the bluetooth connection has been flawless. Not so with the Droid X I tried a month ago and now not even the Droid 2 with the latest and greatest software. I chatted with a couple of friends that have the original Droid and they too admitted that the bluetooth handsfree setup is problematic. I would have thought by now that they would have addressed this most basic problem. Don't get me wrong, I love the phone with the exception that it does NOT perform in the basic area of handsfree capability. Does ANYONE on this forum have a clue how to address this problem? Is there a special widget that I need to install that will fix the problem or is it just a "feature" of the Droid operating system? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cvsurg2008

Reaction score
My wife and I recently purchased a '10 Honda Odyssey and had no problems pairing with the bluetooth system therein. I just followed directions in the owner's manual (much to my wife's surprise), and it has worked very well.

sorapp

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Jaguar XK. My Droid 2 connects flawlessly every time. It even allows me to use the last calls received, dialed and missed feature which my previous phone did not. I did have to try pairing several times before it took.

Sefus

Reaction score
2011 Camry - Original Droid: Works just fine

There were 3 options when I was pairing the phone. Pair the music player, the phone, or both. Pairing both is what I ended up doing but I had to specify so it took me a few tries.

Maybe this is what you need to do, op. Specify that you want to pair both the music and the phone. Check your options...

Olie10

Reaction score
Hello, I just got a 2011 camry and I too have the original droid. I wanted to know if u had the same problem as me with the bluetooth. I have paired my phone to the car but it doesn't automatically connect when I turn the car on or disconnect when I turn it off. If I don't manualllyturn the bluetooth on when I get in the car it won't turn on. And if I don't turn it off when I get out of the car it'll stay on and I won't receive any calls since its on bluetooth. Is this normal or is there a way to fix this? Thank you.

Sefus

Reaction score
Hmm. Did you try pairing the phone with the phone capabilities AND the music? I can't remember exactly how to do it but I only had to do it once. No problems after I figured out that there was more than one way to pair the phone.

Make sure you listen to all the options when you are pairing. Try the ones you haven't. You can always reset. Once you get it, you won't have to mess with it. I wish I was of more help.

Every once in a while the music will play while not coming through the phone but I just turn off/on BT and all is well.

sdfenton

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2 year-old DROID that still works great. Bought a new 2012 Honda Pilot and it paired up easily and the hands free voice calling works. Problem, is when I use DROID as a GPS via Google maps, the turn-by-turn directions do not come over the car's audio system. I know the phone works, as when I disconnect from Bluetooth, the phone's audio instructions work fine.

Thanks