Car head unit bluetooth connection

lurchk

Reaction score
I am looking at potentially purchasing the Clarion CZ500 or CZ501. The main reasons is for the Bluetooth connections. I went to the website to check comparability and my d2g was not listed. It mentions that the Droid 2 is not compatible with the Handsfree but is compatible with the A2DP streaming. I thought that if a phone is supported via a2dp it would work for hands free as well.

I am just checking to see if anyone here knows for sure if the d2g does or does not connect for handsfree calling to one of these decks.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
A2DP is uni-directional. It's only for output, you cannot use the microphone with pure A2DP.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
^but A2DP requires a bluetooth connection, so you would think that if it can establish a bt connection for A2DP, it would do so for hands free as well.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Xplorer4x4, myself I don't even understand why a Bluetooth device that uses headset functionality might be incompatible with a Bluetooth device that provides said functionality, so…

I mean, it's standardised anyway, why wouldn't it work if it does with other BT hardware?

Nasa

Reaction score
I use a Plantronic that clips on the visor. Can transmit to fm radio. Motorola has the same thing.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Xplorer4x4, myself I don't even understand why a Bluetooth device that uses headset functionality might be incompatible with a Bluetooth device that provides said functionality, so…

I mean, it's standardised anyway, why wouldn't it work if it does with other BT hardware?
Thats what I was getting at. Doesnt add up lol.

I use a Plantronic that clips on the visor. Can transmit to fm radio. Motorola has the same thing.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

You might want to contact an admin about getting the @ gmail dropped from your user name...its never good to post your email in public.