Blue Energy Theme for FROYO (Android 2.2)

So, I just flashed bbv0.4 (wiped data and cache) and then used rom manager to download and install the theme...but it seems like it's locked on the motorolla logo.

Did I miss a step?

Following a battery pull, I can't even boot into recovery to use my nandroid backup. Can someone please advise what to do?

themed Hex dialer

say, I just went back to Hex dialer but it no longer had the numbers themed blue. Do I need a different file or how would it be possible for me to regain that blueness?

Following a battery pull, I can't even boot into recovery to use my nandroid backup. Can someone please advise what to do?
Battery pull
Reboot Normally
Reflash ROM Manager (You may have to flash to SPR then back)
Try again.

If this doesn't work, throw the file onto your SD card and do it manually from nandroid.

Battery pull
Reboot Normally
Reflash ROM Manager (You may have to flash to SPR then back)
Try again.

If this doesn't work, throw the file onto your SD card and do it manually from nandroid.

When you say reflash rom manager, do you mean flash alternate backup to spr, then flash clockworkmod again?

OKay, that seemed to work. Scary for a minute, when my phone wasn't turning on :/

Now with a fresh install of BB v0.4, what would be the proper method for installing the theme?

OKay, that seemed to work. Scary for a minute, when my phone wasn't turning on :/

Now with a fresh install of BB v0.4, what would be the proper method for installing the theme?
Cool...glad it worked....and yes. Fresh install first. I'd try it all manually from nandroid if you can. Works better for me that way.

I'd just lake to thank scott_ev and kookahdo for looking out for a suffering droid member.

When you install the theme, should you wipe data and cache as well?

roberj13 - fsrbiker pointed me in your direction, I'm not much of a theme person, but I really like what you've done - I wanted to ask your permission to include any themes you've ported to my Simply Stunning ROM on my Rom Manager page as options - beautiful work! :)

hey rober i been playing with this a little bit today actually all morning and this is what i came up with

with clock theme:
do the bb install wipe
do chevys kernel wipe
your theme no wipe
chevy bat icon no wipe

without clock
no limitations can wipe thru all

I installed bbv.4 then dexoxed blue energy, then ss battery icon. All through clockwork and it got stuck on droid emblem. So i just wiped and installed bbv.4 everything works fine but what is the proper way to install this theme and battery icon? Seems a few people are having the same problem as i am.

I installed bbv.4 then dexoxed blue energy, then ss battery icon. All through clockwork and it got stuck on droid emblem. So i just wiped and installed bbv.4 everything works fine but what is the proper way to install this theme and battery icon? Seems a few people are having the same problem as i am.

check out the post above yours

Personally this is how i installed

Clean wipe for bb.4 (this is the only time I do a full wipe in this process)

restarted, then booted into clockwork recov

once i was booted in i did a nandroid backup, then installed my custom kernel, then rebooted

when my phone rebooted, went into clockwork, and rebooted to clockwork

then i installed blue energy. restarted, and did the same steps above with each separate file (hex, ss bat, and a couple of other things)

My way takes more time, but I've experienced issues for some reason, installing the rom from SD card option when I'm on my phone (i.e clockwork gui). So now I always just reboot to clockwork and install from there. i do each file individually and restart each time, that way if something does go wrong i know exactly why. Mine does take longer, but it should work everytime.

Last edited:
Back