Blotchy spots??

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
I noticed on my 1st RAZR that when in a dark environment for example, laying in bed at night, and when my razr is on a screen with a dark display that there are little blotchy spots on the screen. They look almost like an ink stain would look like on a darker colored T-shirt. I sent my razr back because of this and got my replacement and it has the same thing. My fiance just ordered a razr and her BRAND NEW razr has it the worst of the 3. Has anyone else noticed this??

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yep. I think its from the amoled screen manufacturing process. I honestly think its on all of the RAZR and RAZR MAXX phones.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think i see.. kinda looks like a reflection on top of a smudge, i wiped and wiped until i realized it was in the screen.

Only noticed on pretty much pitch black screens ...

----posted maxx'ed out----

OP
B

bubbasmith58

Reaction score
I think i see.. kinda looks like a reflection on top of a smudge, i wiped and wiped until i realized it was in the screen.

Only noticed on pretty much pitch black screens ...

Yep. Good description. Ha. It is very annoying.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Its normal. All amoled screens have lines or spots on them when looking at pitch black background.

xtor

Reaction score
I've had it from day one, a line running top to bottom and a few other marks, really show up at night watching net flix, down load screen test from market, and it will really show up in low light doing the test

my razr's sharper then yours ™

SANhacker

Reaction score
Fascinating. I've had my RAZR from day one and have no idea what you are talking about. This is the best screen I have ever seen on a phone. My friends all say the same thing. Best screen they have ever seen.

Funny how it seems perception is reality. After all, aren't we all looking at the same screen ???

xtor

Reaction score
Do the text in room with no light and you will see it, everyone i now that has a razr has splotches of some kind

SANhacker

Reaction score
I'm not currently rooted so if you can explain how you got that screen shot I would bl glad to oblige.

My screen looks nothing like that.

xtor

Reaction score
I'm not rooted, this is someone else's pic, my screen is worse then the pic, but I'm ok with it for now,I was just showing what people are complaining about

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Hmm.. What's the best way to get a black screen? I'm not seeing it yet.

From the MAXX

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm not currently rooted so if you can explain how you got that screen shot I would bl glad to oblige.

My screen looks nothing like that.

Not the one who posted that pic, but it's not a screen capture...it's a photograph. All you have to do is look at the perspective (bottom wider than top) to see it was taken with a camera and the camera was positioned over the bottom end of the phone looking slightly upward.

As for the spots, yes they're there on ALL Super AMOLED displays to one extent or another and is a byproduct of the manufacturing process. Since Samsung manfactures the SAMOLEDs, the same problem exists on any phone that contains those displays.

cbreze

Reaction score
Fascinating. I've had my RAZR from day one and have no idea what you are talking about. This is the best screen I have ever seen on a phone. My friends all say the same thing. Best screen they have ever seen.

Funny how it seems perception is reality. After all, aren't we all looking at the same screen ???
+1 , I have not seen the infamous blotches yet either and I use a nite clock which puts the background all dark. I see only the clock didgets and I have looked for the blotches. I'm digging everything about the maxx. No issues what so ever.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh that picture above is nasty. Mine is barely noticeable.

Almost looks like a screen protector with moisture under it giving a slight rainbow-ish halo....
By all means no complaint, just a confirmation that it's something to do with AMOLED...