Blocking Mode is Present and Working on the Verizon Note 2!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Y'all can change the icons in Touchwiz.. Go to the play Store & get desktop visualizer.. Place a short cut on a homescreen.. Tap to enter desktop visualizer then choose icon on top with anything you want from gallery etc., then choose the action.. New icon will be on homescreen to use anywhere you want it..

Also I noticed when I use a shortcut in Nova with icon set.. It shows on Touchwiz when I switch launchers...

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Well that makes sense. I was so excited about finding blocking mode that I didn't even bother messing around with the options in QuickShortcutMaker. :biggrin:

I have had moments like that too :)!!

I was super excited you found the workaround!!

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Y'all can change the icons in Touchwiz.. Go to the play Store & get desktop visualizer.. Place a short cut on a homescreen.. Tap to enter desktop visualizer then choose icon on top with anything you want from gallery etc., then choose the action.. New icon will be on homescreen to use anywhere you want it..

Also I noticed when I use a shortcut in Nova with icon set.. It shows on Touchwiz when I switch launchers...

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

Well, that's not actually making changes to Touch Whiz. Desktop Visualizer - a fantastic app by the way - just creates a widget that links to whatever you want it to and will use virtually any image you want for the shortcut. It doesn't actually change any icons, but you can end up with a similar result.

I don't know if you can use it to change the shortcut created here though. It can only create new widgets from a list of installed apps. Blocking Mode probably won't show up as an option.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Well, that's not actually making changes to Touch Whiz. Desktop Visualizer - a fantastic app by the way - just creates a widget that links to whatever you want it to and will use virtually any image you want for the shortcut. It doesn't actually change any icons, but you can end up with a similar result.

I don't know if you can use it to change the shortcut created here though. It can only create new widgets from a list of installed apps. Blocking Mode probably won't show up as an option.

Here's a screen.. I changed all the dock icons with ADW icon pack from the market..
netavy5e.jpg

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

zerodip

Reaction score
THANK YOU, OP. :hail: Well that's one feature back. :biggrin: Awesome find and work-around!

Here's a screen.. I changed all the dock icons with ADW icon pack from the market..
netavy5e.jpg

《Take Note2 BK's here..》
Would you happen to have a link for this icon pack? I searched like crazy on the play store and couldn't find the icons you have there. Or even just a specific name? (ADW icon pack didn't bring it up)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Droid-Life picked up my post about this over at XDA, so hopefully word will spread a bit more so that others will know how to access it. But even more importantly, hopefully it will help show some of the ridiculous decisions that Verizon is making to a wider audience.

How to: Enable “Blocking Mode” on Verizon’s Galaxy Note 2

OP
bsweetness

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Original post updated with some bad news. After some further tests, it doesn't appear to be fully functional. It worked in my initial tests this morning when I found it, but not through some done this afternoon. :frown:

spydergirl

Reaction score
Original post updated with some bad news. After some further tests, it doesn't appear to be fully functional. It worked in my initial tests this morning when I found it, but not through some done this afternoon. :frown:

That's okay. It is still a great find and I'll let u know how it works out on mine.

I wonder what other interesting finds are hidden in that app that brought us the blocking option? We can probably do all kinds of tricks on this thing that VZN cleverly hid from us!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2