Bloatware on DROID 3 (Please Read)

Epic

Reaction score
Hi fellow Android Fans.
I just upgraded form my first smartphone ever the OG DROID to the DROID 3. I love the DROID 3, it truly is an amazing phone but I did notice that it comes with a lot of Bloatware, like unnecessary apps that I never use. The thing is that some apps can't really be uninstalled and I know how to use the basic phone's interface but I know much less about this type of stuff. I was wondering if you guys can tell me which apps I can delete from the phone with out affecting its functionality and how to do it. Because I'm afraid that if I go on to delete things on there that I might screw up my phone. Sorry if its a dumb questions guys but I would rather be cautious with what I'm doing to my baby then to regret it later. And if my grammar is bad is because my Spanish hehe.

Cheers,
Epic.

pistacio

Reaction score
Well, first thing, your going to have to root (hack) your phone in order to disable the bloatware. Look for MOTOFAIL, it will root your phone. If you never rooted before, do plenty of research to know what's involved and possible consequences of rooting (like voiding warranty).

Sent from:
[ ] Droid 1 A855
[ ] Droid 3 XT862
[x] Xoom WiFi
All rooted, of course.

OP
Epic

Epic

Reaction score
Hi Pistacio, thanks for replying. That is the thing I know Nothing about this type of stuff! I was really just looking for an easier way to do it since I'm afraid to mess something up. Like I said I only owned a smartphone since September 2011 so I'm pretty noobish about this stuff.

pistacio

Reaction score
Unfortunately, rooting is the only way to remove the pre-installed apps that most of us do not use....