Droid 3

Droid2GlobalLover

Reaction score
Hi guys I got a Droid 2 global a couple of days ago and I have 90 days to change the phone. So I was wondering that if when the Droid 3 comes out in a month or two then this phone will be discontinued. So I thought that I should wait for the Droid 3. There's no date put on the phone. Could you guys help me out and give me the specs and maybe an estimate or official release date? Also one more thing is that im getting the d2g or d3 for the keyboard

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Raptor007

Reaction score
I just bought a D2G off eBay, and if the D3 is as great as it sounds I will just eBay my D2G. On the other hand if the rumor out there about the next Nexus phone via BMX "Nexus Droid 4G with Ice Cream Sandwhich 3.4" I am willing to keep a D2G and upgrade in December.

gthotie5

Reaction score
If that rumor is true I'm willing to drop $600 on it. If it has a keyboard then Idk what I would do with myself.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Same here, i'm going to wait to see how the next google nexus phone will turn out. Honestly I first wanted the nexus s, but my current d2g was at a price I couldn't pass up. Last I heard about the droid 3 rumor had it'll have a 4' screen. The Droid x2 is almost out and I would like to think the Droid 3 should be around the corner

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good link there Princess. I have a D2 which has been a great phone but i might have to retire my D2 and get the D3 when it comes out. Specs look good and im glad Moto bumped up the rear camera from a 5MP to a 8MP. Also the HDMI port will come in handy. The D3 is also gonna have the front facing camera but the resolution is still unknown. Looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
oh I think I may retire mine too and pass it on to my daughter. im looking fwd to the D3 as well...btw, glad to c u on here.

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

keolawills

Reaction score
Any info on the d3 bootloader? Im upgrading in december and am most likely going htc since they've announced no more locked loaders.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Not I'm aware of. I know its the question for all new devices.

sent from my Hawaiian Xoom...ALOHA

chadwick108

Reaction score
I also have a Droid 1 and I am borrowing a Droid 2 global and I currently using it...both are rooted but I like the speed of d2g....I just hate that there are no roms like d1. Makes me want to go back to my d1. I am also due for upgrade and d3 will probably be what I get. Anyone heard if bootscreen will be unlocked and release date? I don't know how much longer I can wait :)

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I also have a Droid 1 and I am borrowing a Droid 2 global and I currently using it...both are rooted but I like the speed of d2g....I just hate that there are no roms like d1. Makes me want to go back to my d1. I am also due for upgrade and d3 will probably be what I get. Anyone heard if bootscreen will be unlocked and release date? I don't know how much longer I can wait :)

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

The two posts above yours just addressed the bootloader - no one knows at this point.

The release date is rumored to be sometime this month. Nothing more specific than that yet.

Last edited:

tekhinator

Reaction score
I'm actually looking forward to the Droid 3. Looks promising.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hi guys I got a Droid 2 global a couple of days ago and I have 90 days to change the phone. So I was wondering that if when the Droid 3 comes out in a month or two then this phone will be discontinued. So I thought that I should wait for the Droid 3. There's no date put on the phone. Could you guys help me out and give me the specs and maybe an estimate or official release date? Also one more thing is that im getting the d2g or d3 for the keyboard

Did u buy it off verizon? I thought they changed their return policy to 14 days??

Sent from my DROID2