Blacked out screen

rb43

Reaction score
My screen is blacking out. It comes n goes kinda like a light flickering. Only had the phone two weeks. HELP

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a hardware problem. Doesn't verizon have a 30 day return policy. they will replace out for you if they can see the same thing happening.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't bring your phone back if it is rooted though.

OP
R

rb43

Reaction score
I think so I have noticed the last couple of days while texting , my screen seems to dim on its on. This time 3/4 of the screen top to bottom went totally black. I will call Verizon for sure. Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

OP
R

rb43

Reaction score
Sorry new to smart phones not sure what u mean by rooted?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Rooting opens your phone up in a certain way so you can tweak it more than you can do with stock. When a droid is rooted you can remove bloatware, overclock or speed up processor, change the entire look of interface, and more! There are risks in doing this with droid x and verizon will void your contract if they find out. My d1 is rooted and I love it's but if you do it be aware of the risks. Its essentially hacking your phone and there are certain methods to root.

OP
R

rb43

Reaction score
Ok thanks. My phone is still in factory condition then.It has not been rooted. I bought it online from wirefly.com so I may have to return it to them. Trying to remember what day I activated the phone. Hasn't been much over a week. Real disappointed I'm already having problems. Sent from Yahoo! Mail on An

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
These phones don't usually have problems. I think you just got a bad one.

OP
R

rb43

Reaction score
Yep just my luck. I have taken really good care of it too, and right here at christmas it's gonna do this.

Mike Stephan

Reaction score
My screen is blacking out. It comes n goes kinda like a light flickering. Only had the phone two weeks. HELP