Blackberry

jlee3

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a blackberry 9330 to a droid bionic. I have not received the device yet and now that I am reading through this forum I am a little scared lol. I have never has a android phone before and I know that with every person its different but am I going to like the bionic coming from a Blackberry? Also I do not have 4G in my area yet and I have used 3G on my Blackberry all along Verizon said that I will still be able to use the bionic the same in 3G is this true?

hts4215

Reaction score
I switched from a Blackberry Storm2 and have had no regrets whatsoever!

Bionic works fine in 3G.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ruck0loc0

Reaction score
I also switched from a Storm 2 and its been the best decision on a phone ever!!! You won't regret it one bit!!!

Sent from my Bionic using ICS

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums and the Android word!! :biggrin:

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
My wife has a BB and she is going to get a Droid the next time around. Having set up and used hers, the difference is night and day between her BB and my DINC1 & DINC2. She got her BB because a couple of her friends recommended and used them. Now one has an iPhone and the other has a Nexus. They ditched the BB's...LOL. BTW...Welcome to the forum and to the world of Android. You'll never go back.

Tcizzle

Reaction score
Welcome. Do know that there is a learning curve, so don't get frustrated. You may read about some problems, but bear in mind that, in total, there are few that have these problems and people tend to be more boisterous when they're unhappy.

Bionic has been flippin awesome. 4G will get to your area soon at the rate verizon is going. 3G will still serve you well in the mean time (though it feels like dial up compared to 4G)

Dean623

Reaction score
I use to also have a storm2 and switched to the bionic.. The bionic is an awesome phone.... Especially since 902....great battery life and data connectivity.
There will always be newer and more capable phones....but you are taking a major leap forward and will see significant improvements .... Hope you enjoy it.

OP
J

jlee3

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm getting excited! :biggrin:

bbtkd

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I'm getting excited! :biggrin:

While I have the Bionic and like it a lot, if you have a chance to cancel the order and switch to the RAZR MAXX I sure would. My wife has one and it is faster and has a huge battery, and is still thinner than my Bionic with extended battery. The RAZR MAXX screen is not as readable outdoors, but other than that I would say it is a better choice.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You may read about some problems, but bear in mind that, in total, there are few that have these problems and people tend to be more boisterous when they're unhappy.

Yes, we like to complain. Correction, we LOVE to complain. :biggrin:

Now although a complaint might be legit, it may not apply to you. For example, back in 2005 the Prius was hard to come by. The average time a Prius spent on a car lot was 24 hours. On the Prius forum you'd see a complaint on how they were in pain after driving 30 minutes and hated the car. A little discussion showed that they saw one in a lot and bought it without even a test drive. Also they were either very large or very tall and were uncomfortable in the seats. Myself, I have no problems diving for hours. So who's right about the seats? We both are.

Welcome aboard and we'll be happy to answer any questions you have.

bluezdawg

Reaction score
Had mine since it was available, no regrets... you will hear negative stuff on forums for most devices. Enjoy!

Sent from my now freaking awesome, butt-kicking .902 Droid Bionic using TapaTalk