Blackberry to Droid X

tttuning

Reaction score
Well i started with the Storm 1 and had many problems with the phone, jumped to the Storm 2 per verizon for free upgrade. Now im leaving the BB and just ordered the DX. I'm told a 2 week wait for shipment.

Checking out the forums and learning about the new OX and features...looked on Youtube and found some nice info on the phone.

cant wait to get the phone...still no info on shipment.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Glad you joined us. There is a great FAQ section and X section in the Forum that may help until you get you new X.

Mike

Cacique500

Reaction score
I went from the Storm 1 as well and just got my DX this week...you'll never look back!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
T

tttuning

Reaction score
im getting antsy already seeing my wife's Incredible showed up today... Called VZW to see if there was an ETA and they said should be shipped by the 10th!!! Also said people have been reporting that they are receiving earlier then 2 weeks.

Jenlj78

Reaction score
You WON'T miss your Storm! My storm was a pill and I do not miss it at all. DROID RULES!!!!!

OP
T

tttuning

Reaction score
with the installed email app, is there a way to "mark prior open" instead of having to click and view all individually??? I know you can with the Storm 2

Reaction score
with the installed email app, is there a way to "mark prior open" instead of having to click and view all individually??? I know you can with the Storm 2

Yes, there are "checkboxes" next to each email... check the ones you want to mark as read, then hit the menu button and press "Mark Read"

I was a BB user for 5+ years and a BES administrator. Before the Droid X came out, my Verizon rep had a demo sent to me. I ordered one to replace my Storm2 the night it came out and haven't looked back.

The only problem I have in comparison to the BB is the built-in Exchange mailbox software on the Droid X is weak. I purchased a program called "Touchdown for Exchange" (one-time fee of $20) and it was by far the best investment I made. I recommend it to anyone coming from BB to Android.

Jenlj78

Reaction score
The only problem I have in comparison to the BB is the built-in Exchange mailbox software on the Droid X is weak. I purchased a program called "Touchdown for Exchange" (one-time fee of $20) and it was by far the best investment I made. I recommend it to anyone coming from BB to Android.[/QUOTE said:
Exactly what is that/how does it work?

Vaporgirrl123

Reaction score
I definitely do NOT miss the daily (or at the end more often) Storm battery pulls lol.

Nology

Reaction score
I'm on my third day with my X after switching from the storm. I phone is so far ahead of any BB but there are some things I miss. I really miss BBM but I'm starting to like google talk more and more. I liked the email on the BB better than the x. I'm still getting used to this phone so that could change. BB calendar was slightly more easy to use but thats about it.

Reaction score
Exactly what is that/how does it work?

It is available in the market (30 day trial, too). Install it and then setup your Exchange mailbox. This would take the place of the corporate sync app that comes with the droid x.

nc_biscuit

Reaction score
I also just purchased an X and am going from Blackberry to X... should be an interesting transition. Supposed to get my phone by the 6th...

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
I also just purchased an X and am going from Blackberry to X... should be an interesting transition. Supposed to get my phone by the 6th...

Good luck with your new X. You will enjoy it and you will be hooked on the phone forever (;