Advice?

Warner

Reaction score
Hey guys...I'm looking for some advice. A brief history - I have 5 phones on my family plan, 2 of them (non primary phones) are eligible for upgrade now. My phone (main line) will be eligible for the NE2 in November.

I'm getting the droid X for myself, and will use one of the 2 lines that are upgradable for it and pay the $200. Already have it on pre-order at BB.

Just prior to the Droid X announcment, I had a Droid Incredible on order. Once I found out about the X, I cancelled the order for the Inc....or so I thought! Even though I called Verizon TWICE to confirm that the order had been cancelled, they still sent me a ship confirmation on the phone last week. Before thinking about my options, I called them yet a 3rd time to tell them I CANCELLED the order. They are going to try to stop the shipment. So the Droid Incredible will either come today or they will be successfull in stopping the shipment....really don't matter for the basis of my question.

This got me thinking, though. Why not just get the Incredible, pay the $215 for it, and sell it on Ebay for $400 or so? I still have the other line available for upgrade, PLUS my NE2 line in November (which I'll use to get one of my kids a needed upgrade).

So even if they DO stop the shipment, does it make financial sense to upgrade both of the upgradeable lines and then sell one of the phones? Be it a Droid X or Droid Incredible? What are the "gotcha's"? Do I need to have a data plan for the 2 year period on both of the Droids that I order, or only if I activate it? At $30 a month for 2 years, it wouldn't make sense to make $200 on it only to pay $720 in data charges, right?

What do you guys think?

Warner

JCo352

Reaction score
I would get the Inc, then sell it on ebay for 400-450 dollars. You will only have to pay 30 dollars a month if you activate the Inc.

OP
W

Warner

Reaction score
I would get the Inc, then sell it on ebay for 400-450 dollars. You will only have to pay 30 dollars a month if you activate the Inc.

Are you SURE? I thought if you bought one under upgrade, you were comitted to the Data plan as well? Can anyone confirm this one way or another?

Thanks much!

Warner

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
You only have to get the data plan if you activate the phone. The contract is on the voice plan, not the data plan.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk