Blackberry is 'going all in' with PRIV Android; Could be Their Last Phone

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The phone certainly looks good. I do think the reviewer is bias...

"BlackBerry didn’t cut any corners here: It features a Snapdragon 808 processor, 3GB of RAM, and though it only has 32GB of space, it’s expandable via microSD. Again, you can find smartphones with better specifications than that, but the Priv isn’t meant to out-spec all Android phones".

They could have gone with a more advanced processor and offered storage options.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
have you ever used a bb keyboard? they are complete win, at least the old ones were.
Yeah, for about a year. I never did acheive the same speeds I did from tapping on the older T9 flip phones.
Horizontal keyboards were much better (at least speed wise) IMO.

S5 tap'n

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
Yeah, for about a year. I never did acheive the same speeds I did from tapping on the older T9 flip phones.
Horizontal keyboards were much better (at least speed wise) IMO.

S5 tap'n
crazy, I loved the BB keyboard, to each his own I guess.

I've gotten very proficient with flow or swype or whatevs you wanna call it. but still miss my physical keyboard sometimes

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I just watched a number of YouTube reviews on the Priv and it's definitely a nice device. One of the main concerns was with the device being so top heavy while using said KB. Like anything else though, I'm sure you'd get used to it.
It's not for me but I can appreciate BB coming out with something new & innovative. I look forward to seeing the sales numbers 6 months after release, as well as any first hand reviews from our members.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I sincerely hope this is a winner for BB. They need it.

Reactions: cr6

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Interesting. With Blackberry saying they'll update regardless of what the carrier says it will be interesting to see how Verizon takes it

Tapped from a Nexus 6
Yeah.. You know how Big Red rolls...

S6E+ tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
QFT:

"Sorry, AT&T, but no one is going to flock to your services because you have the Blackberry Priv or the Galaxy S6 Active or some Windows Phone garbage a few weeks ahead of everyone else. Whatever."

Only once did an exclusive ever pay off for ATT OR a manufacturer: that first iPhone that was all theirs for a year.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
QFT:

"Sorry, AT&T, but no one is going to flock to your services because you have the Blackberry Priv or the Galaxy S6 Active or some Windows Phone garbage a few weeks ahead of everyone else. Whatever."

Only once did an exclusive ever pay off for ATT OR a manufacturer: that first iPhone that was all theirs for a year.
I remember I was forced over to AT&T when I bought the first iPhone. It was a great deal for AT&T and great strategy for Apple, as they learned how to play in the big league fast.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just watched a number of YouTube reviews on the Priv and it's definitely a nice device. One of the main concerns was with the device being so top heavy while using said KB. Like anything else though, I'm sure you'd get used to it.
It's not for me but I can appreciate BB coming out with something new & innovative. I look forward to seeing the sales numbers 6 months after release, as well as any first hand reviews from our members.

S5 tap'n
I do not think it is top heavy to there it will fall out of a person's hand. I think you could easily get away with going one handed and not worrying about it face planting.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Once this hits Verizon, this could be the phone that all those die hard Droid 4 owners finally upgrade to. Don't know how many there are left but there are some still active on other forums just waiting for a new QWERTY phone. Who knows?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk