BlackBerry CEO John Chen Shows off the Priv Android Blackberry on Video

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
blackberry-priv-ceo-demo.jpg

It's not very often you get to see the CEO of a company handle the actual demonstration of one of their products, but that's what we have in the video (below in the thread). BlackBerry CEO John Chen showed off the new Blackberry Priv Android smartphone to BNN’s Amber Kanwar.

While his presentation of the device was a bit awkward, we still got to see the strange new device in action. Of course, Chen is a CEO, so he couldn't get away from sharing some "marketing speak" to try and drum up interest. Chen claimed the name of the phone is meant to evoke, not only privacy, but also the privilege of owning one. While we aren't sure what to make of this hyperbole, we are still curious to get our hands on this device for a test drive.

Source: BNN

Don't forget to droop by and check out our dedicated section for the Blackberry Priv right here: Blackberry Priv/Venice | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's that video of the Blackberry Priv in action:

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes, Awkward, didn't seem to know it's function, other than the KB...
Hopefully it functions much better in another's hands.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yes, Awkward, didn't seem to know it's function, other than the KB...
Hopefully it functions much better in another's hands.
I agree. Might not have been the best idea. Should have learned it at least. I like how he says it runs "Google" :oops: :D:p

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. BB shuts down that leak vid that some dude made where he actually help build excitement for a video where the CEO made the device look bad.

Yup, this is why BB has fallen.

Here is my suggestion to BB. Hire that person who leaked the video to make more videos for you and tell the CEO to just sit in his office and stop making the company look bad.

Just sayin.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
.... Should have learned it at least. I like how he says it runs "Google" :oops: :D

I was going to question the Google part as well, but IOS runs Google too, browser that is, maybe just giving him the benefit of the doubt .... ;)

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
So let me get this straight. BB shuts down that leak vid that some dude made where he actually help build excitement for a video where the CEO made the device look bad.

Yup, this is why BB has fallen.

Here is my suggestion to BB. Hire that person who leaked the video to make more videos for you and tell the CEO to just sit in his office and stop making the company look bad.

Just sayin.
Well said PC, heck hire Apples CEO, at least he knows his product and is excited about it...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Yeah. What a blunder. Can't show you much, because it's not setup. Calls Android Google. Doesn't seem to know much about it at all. None of this would REALLY bother me coming from the CEO. He's not working with this device during production. However, they make the claim at the beginning that this is the "Official" first look.

Like PC said, I got a better impression of the device from the leaked "unofficial" video than I did from this one.